Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Borrego goes in tomorrow for :
Power tilt steering not moving with memory button
Nav system locking up (just started last week)
Seat back conversion
ESC /downhill lights. (although this hasn't happened in awhile)
and an oil change.

I hope they get the Nav fixed..that's my #1.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Borrego goes in tomorrow for :
Power tilt steering not moving with memory button: Fixed
Nav system locking up (just started last week): Head unit on order
Seat back conversion: Looks very nice
ESC /downhill lights. (although this hasn't happened in awhile): Fixed, brake switch replaced.
and an oil change.

I hope they get the Nav fixed..that's my #1.
They said a couple of weeks for the nav

·
Registered
26 Posts
it takes a few weeks to get a new navigation unit. I had mine replaced after having a similar issue with the screen freezing up. The new one works great, with no problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My new nav did not come with the map upgrades. I was hoping it would, but it didnt. The update is available at my dealer, but I havent gotten it yet. Let me know if yours comes with the updates.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do....but how would I know they are "newer"

(2 weeks so far since it was in, I hope no more than another 2 weeks)

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a screen in the set up menu, that shows the date of the software version. I cant remember which screen it is, but mine says 2008 as the last update. I will go to my car when I get a chance and find the exact screen. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally installed

Well.... It was finally installed this past Wed. It does have different Icons...nicer in my opinion, more colorful. The Sat shows song titles now without hitting the info button. If I hit the set up all I see is "version 2.08.??" (don't remember the last 2 digits).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well.... It was finally installed this past Wed. It does have different Icons...nicer in my opinion, more colorful. The Sat shows song titles now without hitting the info button. If I hit the set up all I see is "version 2.08.??" (don't remember the last 2 digits).
Please take some pics and post them. Or email them to me. I am contemplating having my Nav unit updated $300.00 !!!! Or also might get one of these....
http://www.szlsqstar.com/sdp/605946/4/pd/9701429.html

It would only cost about 50 bucks more and have the ability do whatever I wanted with it....easy to unlock the WINCE 6.0

I am very curious to see the new firmware in the Head Unit you have to make this decision for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would love to get more info about the update that was done to yours. I am especially interested in the fact that you can see the song titles now! I have been begging Kia for this for 2 years. Figures that they never reply to let me know that something is available.

Is it actually the same model of radio that they replaced for you, or did they give you a different model that may have come from a different vehicle? I know that a few of the radios is some of their more recent vehicles look similar.

Pics would be awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
MonkeyThumper
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing