Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The glove box latch on my 99 Kia Sephia stoped working. Then my son wanted to find out what was in the glovebox and pulled on the handle until it broke. I have taken the latch off and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Maybe I am missing a part? If I have to buy a new one, how much do they cost? I have not been able to find any online. All I find when I search for a Kia glove box latch is a bunch of sites where people are talking about having similar problems with there glove boxes, but none of them offer solutions. Does anyone know how to repair it, or how much a replacement part cost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are two screws that hold it in the glove box door. There are only a couple of moving parts that make the assembly, and I would think it could only be the shaft that the spring slides over that holds the handle to the latch slid out and caused it to come apart. It's a pain in the ass trying to put it back together, but it can be done cuz' mine fell apart right after I bought the car and I got it put back together in a couple of minutes. Good luck, but if you can't fix it just find a boneyard that has newer cars and they should be able to set you up with one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts