Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Kia range wants to target a bit of upmarket business, then please make the glasses compartment above the interior mirror big enough to take a pair of Gucci sunglasses! My sunglasses will fit in one way but it takes a long time to get the correct way round sorted out. Maybe this compartment is for reading glasses only :) I wonder if Audi, BMW, VW have larger storage area.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
If you've got Gucci sunglasses you shouldn't be in a cee'd. Try a Lexus or Aston Martin ;-)

·
Registered
2011 Astral Blue Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi 3 Spec
115 Posts
If the Kia range wants to target a bit of upmarket business, then please make the glasses compartment above the interior mirror big enough to take a pair of Gucci sunglasses! My sunglasses will fit in one way but it takes a long time to get the correct way round sorted out. Maybe this compartment is for reading glasses only :) I wonder if Audi, BMW, VW have larger storage area.
Nope they dont, i have had 2 cars from your list.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
I agree with Grizzle. My son arrived this afternoon in a 60 reg. Audi A6 Avant Le Mans Spec.Ed. which he had just bought in Doncaster.

His sunglasses holder is smaller than in my cee'd (no USB slot either). His older BMW Touring 535d, which he had just sold didn't even have a holder.

There's a lot to be said for the 'extras' in Kia's cars, which come as standard.

·
Registered
Cee'd 2 CRDi(126)
70 Posts
I keep my Armani sunglasses in the binnacle without any problem at all, and tonight just added a further three pairs of Tesco reading glasses and closed it without a hitch. I reckon that if I was minded to I could probably fit six pairs of specs up there in total.

Exactly what is it about these Gucci specs that makes them so troublesome? Did they once belong to Dame Edna?

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem solved

I keep my Armani sunglasses in the binnacle without any problem at all, and tonight just added a further three pairs of Tesco reading glasses and closed it without a hitch. I reckon that if I was minded to I could probably fit six pairs of specs up there in total.

Exactly what is it about these Gucci specs that makes them so troublesome? Did they once belong to Dame Edna?
Decided to keep Cee'd and trade in my Gucci for Armani. :lol:

·
Registered
Cee'd 1.6 GDI in Space Blue
17 Posts
I must say the glasses holder in the Cee'd is probably the biggest I've seen, and it's carpeted as well. In this car segment, the German rivals are pretty poor, storagewise: sunglasses holder are nonexistent, door bins are tight and front armrest cubbies are usually shallow.

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
I can't get my glasses in the holder and have to keep them in the door bin, it seems like its built for kids!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts