Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the ongoing saga with this car has taken yet another turn. Finally got the engine issues sorted and is now running fine. But since the istallation I have found I cannot get the automatic gear lever to move.

The gear lever was left in neutral on removal of the engine, and if I take off the selector cable I can move the selector arm manually with no problems with the gearbox.

The only things that have changed with the car is that the ABS light has now illuminated since I undid the front nearside sensor connector, but I cannot believe the car is that intelligent to not allow a gear to be selected if the abs light is lit.

I assume there is an inhibitor switch somewhere around the gear selector mechanism, which works in conjunction with a feed from the brake pedal?

Any idea's would be appreciated.

Car is a 2001 TDI Auto.

thanks

Nev

·
Registered
kia sedona 2.9tdi 01, isuzui trooper 3.1td, Transit 2.4 2000
54 Posts
Hi, ABS light will or sould go out when driven over 5mph when signal is sent from wheel sensor, just had my wheel hub off to do wheel bearing, and was able to select drive etc with abs light on. just drove forwards to get pulse signal etc. can you move lever when not connected at auto box end?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I need to check if gear selector moves when disconnected but I do not think it will as I have had a quick look and when I get my fingers in under the centre console there seems to be something loose and rattling around.

I am assuming the centre console is held in by clips as there does ot seem to be any screws viable. Done a search in the archives but could not find anything referencing removal of the console.

Nev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts