Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 Soul that I bought new that now has 114,000 miles on it. Had not real issues. Battery, Starter, and linkage in front end is all Ive had to do to it. Wanting to get 50,000 more miles out of it if possible. What maintenance should I be doing to make that happen? This spring Im going to have the trans and radiator flushed and have a tune up done. Also going to have all hoses, belts, and front end looked over as well. Anything Im missing? Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Flushing the trans and radiator then have them do brakes at same time and think seriously about the power steering fluid. I did mine recently at 95k and it was filthy.

Another item that you might do is the in tank fuel filter.......probably 98% of Kia owners ignore it without negative results but again they get dirty at your mileage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have a 2012 Soul that I bought new that now has 114,000 miles on it. Had not real issues. Battery, Starter, and linkage in front end is all Ive had to do to it. Wanting to get 50,000 more miles out of it if possible. What maintenance should I be doing to make that happen? This spring Im going to have the trans and radiator flushed and have a tune up done. Also going to have all hoses, belts, and front end looked over as well. Anything Im missing? Thanks.
Have you been doing your ATF regularly? If at 114,000 is your first, I'd be leery of flushing it. Drain and refill with new filter. Radiator flush is fine.

If you haven't changed your brake and PS fluid, it's past due. I'd do that every 30-50K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Neanderthal
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing