Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Online discount Kia dealer sells one genuine Rondo serpentine belt tensioner for $110. Plus delivery.

eBay has a seller who advertises Genuine Kia Rondo serpentine belt kit, with tensioner, 2 idler pulleys and serpentine belt all for $110 delivered.

Question......do you think the eBay parts are counterfeit ?
anyone with some real world experience in counterfeit eBay parts ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The only thing I've seen related to counterfeit parts is a video that Kia's sister company Hyundai released about fake oil filters being sold as genuine OEM. I have no idea if the parts you're looking at on Ebay are genuine or not, but personally I would be willing to roll the dice on serpentine belt loop parts. However, I would only buy from a trusted Kia source for parts in the timing chain loop, oil filters, and any other part that could result in major damage if it fails, or does not function properly and according to spec, or would be a lot of work to replace again. That's JMO, and I'm sure that others would disagree.

·
Super Moderator
6,843 Posts
Chances are that the parts are genuine and probably either overstock or inventory from a closed KIA dealership...
I have bought parts from Rockauto.com and found that they were OEM stock...
You could also contact ebay "if" the parts were counterfeit and get your money back....
I would not chance a timing belt or a TB tensioner but the serpentine belt won't destroy your engine if it's not genuine...
I have been satisfied with 99.9% of the parts I have bought on ebay...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
DavesSpectra
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing