Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer wants $757 for a IPM Assembly. Found THIS SITE that has it for $493. They claim its a genuine Kia part.

Anyone have experience with them (or similar)?

Anyone ever installed this part in a 2011 Sorento?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is probably a good site. You could check the part number to the dealers, or a repair manual.

I've been getting parts off Ebay that claim to be OEM, and haven't had any problems yet.

My philosophy is how many businesses are going to start up to build s****y parts, when there's already someone manufacturing good parts. The manufacturer is going to look at every avenue possible to move these parts. The sellers on Ebay are parts brokers, and move the parts for the manufacturers.
Its not uncommon for a manufacturer to run a production of an item with different branding on them either, and could use inferior components.

If it says OEM I look at the sellers rating, and location. There are a few in Florida, who would be subject to American standards, and false advertising laws.

This is just how I look at it though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For what it's worth, I bought a 2016 Optima SXL and asked my salesman to introduce me to the Parts Department manager so I could order a few accessories. The best discount I could get from the dealership that sold me my Optima was 10%. When I factored in the state sales tax I end up getting just 3.75% off the price of anything I order.
A quick check via the Internet and I found a KIA dealer in Florida offering 30% off the items I wanted without any sales tax and FREE shipping. Needless to say, I ordered the OEM mud guards and wheel locks from that dealer. I had the mud guards in three days via Priority Mail. Fantastic! I'll be buying from this vendor again! :)
P.S. Not sure if I'm allowed to identify the dealer so I didn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
SXLDriver
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing