Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My sorento diesel xs auto purchased last june is due its 20,000 mile service its running fine but it does sometimes having gone forward then backwards or vice versa i] will make a large clunk it feels like youve it something.Its worse when the engine is hot and on full steering lock and or more power is used or on loose road surface. Feels like it could be hydralic fluid take up or something.
Has anyone else had this ?
Anyway very pleased with the car drive around with a smile on my face :) and have to fight my son and wife on a daily basis for the use of it(my wife has Audi TT and son has new Honda civic)
Thanks greg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sounds like a transfer box fault, try reversing with steering on lock, if cars slows to a stop then transfer box will probably need replacing.

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
Hi,
I have experienced the same thing in my manual XS, also new in June last year... :eek:
It seems to happen sporadically but manifests as a kind of transmission shock right through the vehicle when either going forward or reversing on lock - very worrying !
I tried to replicate it @ the dealer but as normal, it wouldn't do it when you need it to...
Dealer claimed not to have heard of this but I had a similar experience when I didn't switch to low 4 properly one time - it just shaked the whole car violently but having checked it all out afterwards, no damage seemed to have been done.
It also hasn't done it again recently funny enough (famous last words...!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts