Kia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi
488 Posts
Reverse is not that much of a problem, it is problematic to shift to and from 2nd gear when it is not warmed up.
yes, it is sticky in all gears when cold..shifting down from 2 is difficult in many cars, needs to be under certain speed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 ceed 3 sw 6spd diesel and have come across the same thing. If I'm not paying attention, or in too much of a rush, the change from 2nd to 3rd gets a bit clunky, as though the gears haven't quite synced.

I've found if you don't grip the lever tightly, let it do the moving all the way across to the centre, then push with the palm of your hand straight up, it'll complete the change smoothly. This does mean you have to change slowly, but if you're trying to push the fuel consumption to the limit that's not a bad thing.

Whether the gearbox needs more bed in time (I've only done 400 miles) we shall see. I will be paying attention to the clutch fluid though, as some other posts seem to indicate that this may be problematic.

·
Registered
C'eed
46 Posts
Mine is dreadful when going into 1st while moving, sometimes when stopped. Double clutching doesn't seem to help. Other times its as smooth as you like. Very annoying and sometimes dangerous when sat a a junction n you can't get a gear!

·
Registered
Pro ceed sport crdi
23 Posts
I have the 1'st generation (5speed) And it is much worse when its cold in the winter.

I found the best way to engage the 1'st and reverse gear is to press down the clutch and move the gear stick at almost the same time (with minimal delay).

However if you press down the clutch and wait a long time before you move the gear stick you will have trouble engaging gear.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Reversing sensors...........

I almost got them, but would have to part with 300 EUR.
I saw that you can get all kinds of sensors for 30-40 US$ online so decided to keep my 300 EUR. :lol:
You now get them as standard (with bleep!) on the new 1.4 VR-7 which oddly is the cheapest in the range and has almost all the bells and whistles, many of which are missing from the "so called" higher spec cars. How Kia price their new cars is beyound me. :confused:

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
My facelift SW2 6 speed box likes a sedate change from 2nd to 3rd. Try and do a slick change and it just doesnt want to know. I found it frustrating at first because my Xsara previously had a peach of a gearchange. You could scamper round the gate like lightening. Mine does drop down second to first as you roll to a stop though. My biggest bugbear is still the clonk as the clutch is lifted to take up the drive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My problem is from neutral to 1st and neutral to reverse...

Not all the time, but sometimes and its really annoying....
I have the same gearbox problem. Mine is a Kia Cee'd 2010 (facelift) diesel 6 speed gearbox.

It annoys me ass hell that when i want to put it on neutral and then it wont get in to first gear or rear. I must put it in third first then it works.

I told shortly to my Kia dealer and he said wait till it gets worse... (like someone else have been told on this thread).

But what could it be? I want to get it fixed not to wait for it to get worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I have found the problem on the Kia seed 2012 1st gear problem and reverse it’s got nothing to do with the gear box or selector in side the car were the gear nob is you got to remove the arm rest / cup holder panel. Once you have removed that U will see gear cables u need to Adjust them and it will go in gears perfectly I did it my self very easy 🙂 hope this help everyone thank you 🙏

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
Hi everyone I have found the problem on the Kia seed 2012 1st gear problem and reverse it’s got nothing to do with the gear box or selector in side the car were the gear nob is you got to remove the arm rest / cup holder panel. Once you have removed that U will see gear cables u need to Adjust them and it will go in gears perfectly I did it my self very easy 🙂 hope this help everyone thank you 🙏
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts