Kia Forum banner

Gear Changing Problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  karaoli2001 
#1 ·
hi,happy to be here in the kia forum :D
05-01-2005 got my 2.4 ex manual sorento and have done 900km ;)
well the problem i have is the changing from 1st to 2nd and sometime 3rd gear :angry: the gears knock especially from 1st to 2nd and as i have noticed the rpm meter has a delay in dropping.so if i do a change in gears with a small delay
as the rpms drop the gears are very smooth without knocking,it is a big problem when parked on an uphill road and starting to drive from 1st to 2nd and need to change quick,so that small delay for the rpms to drop and dont kick the gear box on the change over :angry: :angry:
visiting my kia dealer and the mechanics told me if this continues he will have to
bring down the transmission, change some parts or the hole thing.
now a friend had the same problem kia here in greece changed the hole transmission with his warranty but with no luck in fixing the problem! :eek:
has anyone with manual transmission have this sort of problem or has noticed a delay with the rpms?

thanks from greece

#2 ·
Originally posted by karaoli2001@Jan 21 2005, 03:44 PM
hi,happy to be here in the kia forum :D
05-01-2005 got my 2.4 ex manual sorento and have done 900km ;)
well the problem i have is the changing from 1st to 2nd and sometime 3rd gear :angry: the gears knock especially from 1st to 2nd and as i have noticed the rpm meter has a delay in dropping.so if i do a change in gears with a small delay
as the rpms drop the gears are very smooth without knocking,it is a big problem when parked on an uphill road and starting to drive from 1st to 2nd and need to change quick,so that small delay for the rpms to drop and dont kick the gear box on the change over :angry: :angry:
visiting my kia dealer and the mechanics told me if this continues he will have to
bring down the transmission, change some parts or the hole thing.
now a friend had the same problem kia here in greece changed the hole transmission with his warranty but with no luck in fixing the problem! :eek:
has anyone with manual transmission have this sort of problem or has noticed a delay with the rpms?

thanks from greece

Hi,
I am in England & have a manual XS new in June 04.
We sometimes experience a "clipping" of the gears when changing up from 2nd to 3rd which we sought advice from our trusted Kia service dealer who said in his opinion there was nothing wrong with it so now we just almost forget about it & it doesn't seem so bad.
As for a drop in engine revs, this has never happened as far as I know.

#3 ·
davidc thanks m8 for your reply , :)

As for a drop in engine revs, this has never happened as far as I know________
the revs have some delay dropping when pressing the clutch let go of the gas pedal and changing gears and due to this delay i beleive is the "clipping"

hope my english can make you understand the problem.. :(
do you know if the manual 2.4 has an electronic gas or a cable?

thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.