Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Below is a link to a white paper that explains how our GDI system functions along with all of the positive and negative attributes of GDI. This white paper is very technical and some may find it very boring. Looking at previous posts, however, I think some of you may find it very interesting...

http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/11336/InTech-Gasoline_direct_injection.pdf
Hello, thanks for the WP. I don't find it boring. Only I don't understand the terms used. Must be tech savvy to fully understand. Any how, I DL it and will start from there.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
WP is purely a literature review with some description of fuel injection systems. Poorly written with bad grammar. Affiliation and qualifications of authors not given. Not highly technical unless the term "stoichiometric" is new to the reader.

Talks about better fuel consumption with GDI, but this is not often achieved in practice.

Only disadvantage mentioned is high cost of GDI, this is an out-dated view.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WP is purely a literature review with some description of fuel injection systems. Poorly written with bad grammar. Affiliation and qualifications of authors not given. Not highly technical unless the term "stoichiometric" is new to the reader.

Talks about better fuel consumption with GDI, but this is not often achieved in practice.

Only disadvantage mentioned is high cost of GDI, this is an out-dated view.
Well Wry 'Cuda you are of course the expert, as it says so right under your name :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Of course I am. Not sure if I should press on with these posts, otherwise I'll become a veteran.

I've sometimes mentioned that I have been driving for 50 years; does that make me an expert or a fuddy-duddy?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course I am. Not sure if I should press on with these posts, otherwise I'll become a veteran.

I've sometimes mentioned that I have been driving for 50 years; does that make me an expert or a fuddy-duddy?
50 years! - I bow to you; Expert it is :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts