Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Yesterday I went for a test drive in a new Pregio Van around Darwin. It seemed very nice compared to my Mitsubishi.
I have a few questions to ask though as I live in the real outback of Australia, Katherine NT.
First; Are they dustproof?
Second; What is approximately their sensible top speed?
Third; Someone complained they overheat in desert conditions so has anyone had this problem or any other problems with them?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
My job is in Satellite comunications and so takes me to a lot of out of the way places but for the off road and rougher places I have a Toyota Landcruiser.
Regards,
David

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replied to one of your posts about the pregio..

I did have an overheating problem lately. Coolant hose, but is already fixed. The van, BTW, is 5 yrs old.

Top speed is around 120+ km/h for the automatic. I don't know about the manual.

Slight off-road conditions? I think you'd be better off with a pick-up. I had mine run through a dirt road for maybe once a year (for a vacation) and the engine and components do get dirty. I do clean the components as much as i can, especially the filters (A/C, air). With a pick-up, the engine is easier to clean.

So far, no major problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by heladera@Jun 17 2005, 10:48 PM
more than 150 km/h manual gear 2.7l Good gasoil, clean air filter and synthetic oil. :p

wahh!! 150+KPH??? over the red line? what brand of oil are you using btw? isnt it that the synthetics are good for 10000km?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by kerikzb@Aug 10 2005, 01:41 AM
wahh!! 150+KPH??? over the red line? what brand of oil are you using btw? isnt it that the synthetics are good for 10000km?
Here in Aregentina you have ELF Excellium from France or ELF Diesel Competition.
Both are good for 10.000km and I keep them that time with original kia/hunday oil filter.
The second is designed for turbo engines and I've noticed that with it, the cooling fan didnt´t worked unitl I passed 120/130km/h. Its excellent for hot days!.
Then, I've replaced the differential and gear original oil with semi-syntetic ELF TRJ 75w80. Now the whole transmision feels less noisy and smoother too.
Finally the day I nearly touched 160km/h, was a calm morning, van empty with 40 psi on tires. I had no tacometer but I gues it surely was red line! :57:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i own a 98 pregio ls with 3.0l diesel engine and manual transmission....so far ive the fastet run i've done on it is @ 130-135 kph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts