Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the 05 Sorento, 5 spd auto, 4wd. Gas pedal is beginning to stick when pressing down. Is this a simple lube of the throttle cable? Purchased used couple of months ago, saw several posts on butterfly valve screws can come loose, any correlation to gas pedal sticking?
Thanks,
PR

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
No THOSE butterfly valves are no relation to the throttle cable. There are a couple of things that can make throttle cables stick. Firstly lack of lube, secondly a broken strand inside the cable that catches on the liner. You want to watch that one because it can make the throttle stick open. Next look for anything pushing or forcing a tight radius loop into the cable, like someone moved it or something near it which is now pushing on it. Check the far end near the throttle body for anything jamming or catching the inner cable. Check the throttle body butterfly for stiffness or sticking. Check the accelerator pedal pivot for stiffness or something jamming it.
That list should find the culprit. If I've forgotten anything hopefully someone else will mention it. Good luck.

I hope you don't have to replace it, on my (RHD) vehicle the firewall hole is buried behind the ALB controller and the master cylinder!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check these items this evening. We have only had the Sorento a couple of months, this just began last week, hopefully just needs lube.
Thanks,
PR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts