Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by magnificentbastard@Jan 23 2005, 12:51 AM
Anyone else having problems with getting your gas gauge to display "Full" when you fill up with gas? Mine only seems to go to 3/4.
the 98-99 sephias had that problem and they eventually recalled it dunno if they will with this though. Id fill up and it would stop at 3/4. they replaced some sensor and it worked fine after!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
this was the recall

Defect Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. MANUFACTURING CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE ORVR SPRING FORCE AND FLOAT WIRE LENGTH REDUCING THE VALVE ANGLE. CERTAIN VALVES CAUSED FUEL SHUT OFF BEFORE THE TANK REACHED 95% OF NOMINAL CAPACITY.

Consequence Summary: THIS WOULD CAUSE CUSTOMERS TO ADD MORE FUEL TO THE TANK CAUSING FUEL SPILLBACK OR SPITBACK FROM THE FUEL FILLER NECK.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems this is one of the more significant problems some Optima owners faces. My gauge began to under read after 30,000km and got C&C replaced the gauge float switch at 40,000km and fixed.

By any comparison, this is very mild defect. The other could be the maintenance-free battery that fails probably before 40,000km. Personally, would prefer large conventional wet-acid battery which has better latent heat absorption during overcharging without damaging the lead plate in hot climate conditions (unless getting the premium maintenance-free like Optima battery).

Originally posted by magnificentbastard@Jan 22 2005, 11:51 PM
Anyone else having problems with getting your gas gauge to display "Full" when you fill up with gas? Mine only seems to go to 3/4.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems this is one of the more significant problems some Optima owners faces. My guage begin to under read after 30,000km and got C&C replaced the guage float switch at 40,000km and fixed.

By any comparison, this is very mild defect. The other culd be the maintenance-free battery that fails probably before 40,000km. Personally, would prefer large conventional wet-acid battery which has better latent heat absorption during overcharging without damaging the lead plate in hot climate conditions (unless getting the premium maintenance-free like Optima battery)

Originally posted by magnificentbastard@Jan 22 2005, 11:51 PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts