Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!! Back in may i bought a 98 Sephia (great deal, $300 & he took away my old one which had a blown head gasket)As part of the deal i took off all of the parts that i'd put on the old Sephia(Swapped wheels,front axels,new Motor Mounts & a few other bits) Had them installed also did the usual oil & filter,transmission filter & fluid,fuel filter,did new rotors & brake pads,etc.The alternator went so i went to the boneyard & got an alternator for $20 & works great. the water pump,thermostat,coolant & timing belt were also changed so i'm well on my way to making a cheap car run great. Well my battery tray had rusted away & i hit a curb & the battery slammed into the airbox,so back to the boneyard i go and replaced the airbox bottom,battery tray & the moisture runoff box down by the drivers side wheel well. well it seems my gas mileage went down a bit after the airbox was broken(improper fuel/oxygen mix) but after i replaced all associated parts i expected the mileage to go back to normal,but i see little improvement. so my question is does anybody have any suggestions to increase my fuel economy seeing as i've done all of these other things? I'm really having fun re building this car & i want her to be the best she can be.I'm a poor musician & would like to see his car back to her full potential Thanks for the suggestions

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
More info, cel on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts