Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento V6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the door that covers the gas cap on my 2012 Sorento. I've seen instructions for a 2016, but it doesn't look like its the same process. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento V6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how I was trying to go about it when I tried the first time. Looks like I'll give it another shot and see if I can figure it out. It seems like it is almost glued in there or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to remove the housing? I removed the covering plate, but the unit itself does not want to come out. I am able to pry some edges up, but the whole thing is solidly bolted on somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to remove the housing? I removed the covering plate, but the unit itself does not want to come out. I am able to pry some edges up, but the whole thing is solidly bolted on somehow. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you guys figure this out? I am having the exact same issue. It is like there are clips or something holding it on after the screws are removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts