Kia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,944 Posts
Yes GEE that is the nice thing about the UK. But here in USA we drive on the wrong side of the road and vech and that is not possible. Took me awhile to get used to it. What with the gas door on the right side. :p
But, as we had already established, it's not a US model, so it's not an issue for you, is it? Anyway, I'm sure forum members are smart enough to get someone else to do the looking if necessary :p :p

(Oh yes - UK, Japan, Australia, etc - probably more use to the majority than you think anyway)

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sorento EX; 1995 Mercedes 500SL; 1995 Mazda Miata
37 Posts
nigwhyrito, how would I order a remote fuel door set-up like yours? your instructions on www.Sorentosite.com do-it-yourself are great! does it include the driver's door push-button release too? thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2004 kia sorento~how to open gas tank door???plz help me

hi everyone...okay this is gonna sound weird but ...other day i went to put gas in my kia sorento. My brother says to me why r u pulling on the gas door to open it? I say, "cuz that is how i open it". He says..it has a inside plunger..that must unlock the gas door. I have never looked ..and when i did ..i have no idea where it is. My owners manual doesn't show as to where one is located. PLEASE PLEASE Kia owners...Help me find where the button is located to open my gas tank door from inside my vehicle. PLEASE email me [email protected] or IM me

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
401 Posts
hi everyone...okay this is gonna sound weird but ...other day i went to put gas in my kia sorento. My brother says to me why r u pulling on the gas door to open it? I say, "cuz that is how i open it". He says..it has a inside plunger..that must unlock the gas door. I have never looked ..and when i did ..i have no idea where it is. My owners manual doesn't show as to where one is located. PLEASE PLEASE Kia owners...Help me find where the button is located to open my gas tank door from inside my vehicle. PLEASE email me [email protected] or IM me
There's an electric button on the driver's door just in front of the power windows and power mirror switches and if that fails, there's a emergency lever that you pull which is located in the cargo area behind a plastic cover on the right where the jack is stored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2004 kia sorento~how to open gas tank door???I [email protected]@KED ~~

I [email protected]@ked and found two buttons located in front of the mirror switches..unfortuately..one doesn't move (push inward) and the other button opens rear window. Checked also the rear compartment for er lever..but not sure if i have to remove the plastic cover next to the jack. As of now..that is attached with some screws? Help me plz..this is very frustrating..not sure why kia would put two buttons in the door panel and not use both,,right now only one is used to open rear hatch window. Any advice????

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
401 Posts
I [email protected]@ked and found two buttons located in front of the mirror switches..unfortuately..one doesn't move (push inward) and the other button opens rear window. Checked also the rear compartment for er lever..but not sure if i have to remove the plastic cover next to the jack. As of now..that is attached with some screws? Help me plz..this is very frustrating..not sure why kia would put two buttons in the door panel and not use both,,right now only one is used to open rear hatch window. Any advice????
Sometimes depending on the country and options with certain models in that country, the electric button switch for the Gas Cover door is considered optional just like heated seats, Cruise Control and electric door mirrors.

As for the emergency lever, again this is used in case the electric relay fails. So if you dont have a lever, its probably because there is no electric relay and having an emergency lever wont make a difference.

If you complete your profile, perhaps someone where you live will have the same model and could advise you better.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sportage EX 142k, 2010 Kia Soul plus 90k
6 Posts
I too have not located a release button for the fuel. If I push on the button for the rear window the fuel tank lid will open but then I have to close the window as well. Mine is an 06 sorento

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,944 Posts
That sounds odd. IF you are talking about the 2 buttons on the drivers door (one for rear hatch window, one for fuel door) then I would suspect an electrical issue in the panel. You may need to get in there are do some fault finding.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts