Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Sorento and the gas door which has a relay to open from the door doesn't work. It can be open manually by pulling the emergency opener. Can anybody knows if there's a fuse or something that is blocking the system from working? thanks:confused:

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sorento EX; 1995 Mercedes 500SL; 1995 Mazda Miata
37 Posts
hope you get it fixed. my 2007 EX doesn't even HAVE a remote locking gas door opener. my manufacture date is 10/06. when was yours built? i tyought mine would come with one. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas door still doesn't open

Sorry to hear that your don't have an electric gas opener from the driver's door ( since mine is not working, it seems that I don't have either), mine is a diesel version 2005, I don't have any idea of the manufacture date. :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have seen some kind of manual pull cable release inside the vehicle on others. It might be tucked up under the carpet or behind the panel real close the the door. Might want to check that first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The original poster says he has a 2007; now it's a 2005. No wonder we're confused! :eek: As far as i know, NO 2007-08 Sorento has an automatic gas lid release.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Right you are! I guess only the North American versions fail to have a remote fuel door opener. Must cost too much to ship for Kia to the east coast here to include. :(

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
my last of the 2006 has electric release and a pull cable in the storage compartment for the jack...must watch that if I buy a new one ...are you saying they can just unscrew the cap and steal the gas ???

·
Registered
37 Posts
exactly right. Unless you buy a locking keyed gascap for inside the door. another missing item from kia here in theh USA.:huh:

·
Registered
2010 SOUL + Auto (B2522),2010 Soul SPORT Limited Edition Stick (B2581)
2,878 Posts
My USA Spec 2004 LX as well is old school pull door open from outside. Only thing it does have(or appears to) that most here did not say yet is the black plastic plunger LOCK(its plastic so how much of a lock is it really) on it for when you centrally lock the vech so it can not be opened and the gas stolen then. That is as far I can tell a Electric Solenoid affair. But I have not looked yet to see if there is a manual override someplace in back of cargo area for that if it jams.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,944 Posts
Had a look this morning and the plastic 'lock' is on a solenoid behind the body panel which is operated by the electric door switch. Door just flips open on a hinge mounted spring when the 'lock' is retracted and releases. Don't know if that helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
fuel door release

I own a 2007 Sorento and the gas door which has a relay to open from the door doesn't work. It can be open manually by pulling the emergency opener. Can anybody knows if there's a fuse or something that is blocking the system from working? thanks:confused:
I have not posted on here in a while.. Anyway if anyone knows me from the other kia forum.. I have 2004 usa sorento with fuel door release mod and locking fuel door. Fcchaves since you are trying to troubleshoot it.. first question open the fuel door then hit the switch on the door for it.. if you hear the solenoid clicking than ya know its good.. if not that could be loose wire or bad solenoid..

next if you hear it and its still not opening then the fuel door could be to tight.. i had to ben my with a needle nose to get the catch just right..

there is a schematic on the foreign kia site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi thanks for your help, I'm sorry I posted 2007 Sorento it is a 2005, the solenoid is not working, I tried to take it in order to tested, but it seems that I have to remove the inside plastic cover that is a very big deal. I believe the solenoid could be damaged, the problem is that it seems kind of difficult to take it out, I don't want to take the car to a shop to fix it, I think I can do it myself ( If I could that the solenoid out).

·
Registered
2010 SOUL + Auto (B2522),2010 Soul SPORT Limited Edition Stick (B2581)
2,878 Posts
If the fuel flap and drivers door are on same side of car .... get fuel flap open, open drivers door, stand outside, press door mounted release button. You can see the solenoid release moving if it is working.
Yes GEE that is the nice thing about the UK. But here in USA we drive on the wrong side of the road and vech and that is not possible. Took me awhile to get used to it. What with the gas door on the right side. :p

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 28 Posts