Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 kia sportage 1.7 crdi
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I decided to join this forum because trying to find info on the internet is like trying to pull blood from a stone lol well here goes with my problems......

I have the kia Sportage 1.7 CRDI on a 64 plate and it’s been a dam good car for the past 2 years but just seems like problems are just coming one after the other, it started with auto stop/start so i went and bought a new battery and it worked but now and then the (A) will flash up orange on the dash (don’t know what that means) then my cruise control works intermittent and the other buttons on the steering wheel sometimes just do what they want,
I have a problem with the sensors in the rear seat it keeps beeping all the time even though no one is sat on it, but my main problem at the moment is I have a problem with the passenger rear tail light and the passenger front daytime running light, they just stay on when I have parked up and locked to car at 1st I thought it was just that I left the indicator turned left for parking lights BUT I was wrong I have tried everything with no luck they just will not go out so for the time being I’m having to disconnect the battery on a night time so it does not die,

So that’s my problems if anyone can help I would be very grateful as I’m pulling my hair out.

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also noticed today that the license plate bulbs were on, so maybe thinking there is a bad earth somewhere? does anyone know where i can get wiring diagrams from with earth points

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,876 Posts
I see that your car is a 2014~2015 model (64 plate) ...Most members would have no idea what a 64 plate is.... Most manufacturers since the 2014 year rely on modules controlled by a network called CAN BUS and simple wiring from the light switch to to related bulbs no longer exists...
I looks like you MIGHT have a problem with what is called the clock spring located in the steering column for those problems.... (cruse control and other buttons on the steering wheel)

The second problem with the lights remaining on after being "commanded" off may point to what is called the BCM (body control module)... You are requesting that the BCM turn of the lights you mention and it is not doing what you want... The BCM controls the lights either through a semiconductor (field effect transistor) or a simple relay...
You might want to remove fuses or relays one at a time to see what effects the stuck on lights...
One fuse may protect an assortment of different circuits not listed on the fuse box or owner's manual so it becomes necessary to try many fuses to locate the one circuit that is bad... Once you locate the circuit then we (or your mechanic) can locate what circuits are protected by that fuse...and may have an idea of where to look next...

The 2004~2007 KIA Spectras had a problem with defective BCM modules and an assortment of problems cam from them... Turn signals not working or stuck on/ Wiper motors running constantly/ horn problems/ headlight problems...the list goes on and on... The cure was to replace the BCM (located on the backside of the cabin fuse panel)... Other makes and models also have had similar "problems"...

You need to isolate where yours is coming from... These problems will only get worse in the coming model years... My 2016 Chrysler is almost completely controlled by modules and I have to read up on the new electronics and how they work.... I replaced the halogen bulb headlights with high output LEDs ...the car now "sees" the lower current draw of the LEDs as a fault... It then displays "Low Beam Headlight Out" and then makes it worse by cutting the power to the functioning headlights... There is no cure other than to add a dropping resistor (6ohm 50w) to both headlight circuits so the BCM "sees" what it wants as a current draw...This generates a lot of wasted power and a lot of heat... but you can't reprogram the BCM software to ignore the lower current draw...
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohh i thought 64 plate was 2012 lol my bad, ok i will have a look at fuses and relays 2mora it seems all complicated lol i will let you know the outcome thanks for the reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that your car is a 2014~2015 model (64 plate) ...Most members would have no idea what a 64 plate is.... Most manufacturers since the 2014 year rely on modules controlled by a network called CAN BUS and simple wiring from the light switch to to related bulbs no longer exists...
I looks like you MIGHT have a problem with what is called the clock spring located in the steering column for those problems.... (cruse control and other buttons on the steering wheel)

The second problem with the lights remaining on after being "commanded" off may point to what is called the BCM (body control module)... You are requesting that the BCM turn of the lights you mention and it is not doing what you want... The BCM controls the lights either through a semiconductor (field effect transistor) or a simple relay...
You might want to remove fuses or relays one at a time to see what effects the stuck on lights...
One fuse may protect an assortment of different circuits not listed on the fuse box or owner's manual so it becomes necessary to try many fuses to locate the one circuit that is bad... Once you locate the circuit then we (or your mechanic) can locate what circuits are protected by that fuse...and may have an idea of where to look next...

The 2004~2007 KIA Spectras had a problem with defective BCM modules and an assortment of problems cam from them... Turn signals not working or stuck on/ Wiper motors running constantly/ horn problems/ headlight problems...the list goes on and on... The cure was to replace the BCM (located on the backside of the cabin fuse panel)... Other makes and models also have had similar "problems"...

You need to isolate where yours is coming from... These problems will only get worse in the coming model years... My 2016 Chrysler is almost completely controlled by modules and I have to read up on the new electronics and how they work.... I replaced the halogen bulb headlights with high output LEDs ...the car now "sees" the lower current draw of the LEDs as a fault... It then displays "Low Beam Headlight Out" and then makes it worse by cutting the power to the functioning headlights... There is no cure other than to add a dropping resistor (6ohm 50w) to both headlight circuits so the BCM "sees" what it wants as a current draw...This generates a lot of wasted power and a lot of heat... but you can't reprogram the BCM software to ignore the lower current draw...
Dave
sorry for the confusion its not a 64 plate its a 62 plate is it still the same for what you put? thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello again guys i dont seem to be getting anywhere with this dam car im still having to take batt of on a night time, and now ive got a new problem the stop start system has stopped working (even though it did my head in) but it should work the car has a new batt on it so it should work unless its a dud battery can that cause all these problems? thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts