Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone could possibly answer how the Mode button on steering wheel works?
I believe it is supposed to change AM to FM or CD and so on regardless external device is connected to the radio.

I have kia sedona 2012 just purchased last Nov. 2012 The mode button on steering wheel only works turn on and off radio. not changing the mode. The Kia Canada said to be able to work the mode button, I should insert external device to Aux input. Therefore, there is not thing they can do. I could not believe this.
I connected Aux line to input but not real device but it still not worked.

Please let me know if you do have 2012 Sedona in your possession.

Thanks

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
The only car that I have with steering wheel audio controls has a button labelled Source; this turns the audio system on and selects the last input that had been used. Repeated pressing the button cycles through the available options (FM/AM/CD/AUX); CD/AUX only become available if CD/AUX is active. Button doesn't turn audio OFF, you need to hit main ON/OFF/Volume control. There's another "flick" button labelled +/- which changes to preset channels or moves between tracks.

I believe that this is typical of most systems, and yours should be similar. Some buttons are multi-functional; check if your Mode button has a up/down movement, or if holding it in for a few seconds activates another function.

"Lord, give me Audio, but not yet" (-with apologies to St. Augustine).

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
On any Sedona (or Kia for that matter) with steering wheel audio controls I have ever seen, the "Mode" button cycles from AM, FM1, FM2, CD, AUX, and begins again at AM. On Sirius equipped vehicles, it cycles AM, FM1, FM2, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, CD, AUX, back to AM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, yes if I hold the mode button the radio is turned off. But if I press briefly it doesn't change anything. That is why I asked to examine it to dealer ship. The kia canada claim that this mode button only works when I insert some device line to Aux. When I tried this the mode button only changes external device to the last set of FM or AM. However, Kia canada keep claim this is the way it is supposed to be. I don't buy this so trying to find someone who has 2012 Sedona if they have same issue as me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts