Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread awhile ago about some of the borregos having a full size spare tire underneath. Do any of you with the V8 borregos have the full size 265r18 tire? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a RWD V8 Limited. My wife has the Borrego so I can't check at the moment, but I will peek under it after work this evening (you have me curious now) and post my findings back here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope. No full size spare.

I just peeked under the back of our V8 Limited. It has a Hankook Optimo T175 90 R17 mounted on a steel wheel. The sidewall is moulded with "for temporary use only".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Correct me if im wrong...but i thought in the early 00's it was by law all suvs had to have a full size spare tire for blowout and rollover purposes. no?

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I know there was a thread awhile ago about some of the borregos having a full size spare tire underneath. Do any of you with the V8 borregos have the full size 265r18 tire? :)
I have the V6 EX 4x4, and it came with the full size spare (with the alloy rims). I know this because I had to utilize it when I had a flat tire a couple years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a factory 18" rim on line and put on my best tire when I replaced tires, now I have a full size spare, it fits underneath...I have the V8 EX

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have...

I have the V6 EX model and it has the full size spare (tires are the same for both engines (EX models anyhow)) with the same style wheel. This may be a feature of the EX models only (or limited). I only know this because I had a flat and used the spare until I could get another tire.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX 4WD, 2009 Kia Sedona LX
5 Posts
I have full size spare on my Borrego

After I read this thread checked my spare tire size and it happened to be full size on the same aluminum rim. It is very nice to have full size spare.

·
Registered
6 cyl. EX 4x4
2 Posts
Hey all,

New here but a long time lurker.
From my research, and by looking at lots of Borregos in my area, I assume that 2WD models came with a temp and 4WD models came with a full size. ( I know other brands do this.) My 6cyl. EX 4 x 4 came with a full size mounted on an alloy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey all,

New here but a long time lurker.
From my research, and by looking at lots of Borregos in my area, I assume that 2WD models came with a temp and 4WD models came with a full size. ( I know other brands do this.) My 6cyl. EX 4 x 4 came with a full size mounted on an alloy.
That makes sense to me, as having a full size spare might be more critical for the person who is off roading, etc.

·
Registered
6 cyl. EX 4x4
2 Posts
Also, on a full time 4 wheel drive, it's imperative that the diameter of all four tires is the same. Running a smaller diameter spare for any length of time could damage the transfer case or differentials.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts