Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Rio5 2013 LX Manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damn yall going have it super easy I've done yalls homework! yall welcome! :p
SO when I bought my Kia Rio5 2013 I Decided to buy my car without the "doughnut" emergency spare tire cuz it sucks, yeah ok Im only going to drive under 50mph and for only like 50 miles like a retard on the freeway trying to be on my way to pick up this hot horny wet chick for me.. yeah 'F' that! and why pay over $200 for that emergency spare tire kit?:
OEM 2012 2013 Kia Rio & Rio5 Factory 15" Spare Tire Kit # 09100 1W999 and UHK15 12580. Complete Kit includes Spare Tire, Steel Wheel, Jack, Lug Wrench, Bar Tool, Tire Pressure Label, and Tool Cases!

when for under $200 and you can get the real full size spare and it fits perfect?!

OEM wheel $100 Shipped!!!!! yes it fits my 2013 Kia Rio5, was delivered in 3 workin days:

Kia Rio 2012 15" Black Steel Wheel 1 | eBay

I got tire from tire shop cheap , installed on wheel and balanced for under $50

I got a car jack that fits inside of the wheel at junk yard for $8 make sure you measure it so it will fit should be under 15".

I also bought a 14" Folding Lug cross Wrench for $13 is easier using cross then the "L" lug wrench. ya Im spoiled like that:

Torin Jacks 14-Inch Folding Lug Wrench - Walmart.com

I didnt have to buy airpump since My Rio5 came with that bulky airpump that also fits in wheel with all this other stuff and yes it is flushed, no bump when you put down liner!.
just in case yours didnt came with it. walmart sells Airpump with sealer kit for $20:

Slime Smart Spair Emergency Tire Repair, Flat Tire Repair Kit, 12 Volt Tire Inflator with Gauge, Emergency Tire Repair Kit, Auto Tire Repair Kit

so WTF get your real full size spare tire so you dont get stranded and some douchbag takes your hottie cuz you cant make it on time!
**caution use condoms on said hottie and I tried different non-OEM wheels & they will block the brakes! make sure you get the OEM wheel, I got it from that ebay link above and it fits perfect yes I tested it with brakes and drove with it to make sure :D damn I just did yalls homework!!

Full SIZE spare tire :)

Full spare fit perfect

·
Registered
Rio5 2013 LX Manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Full spare tire with lots of stuff in it, car jack, lug wrench, airpump, gloves, oil funnel even got room for speaker wire :p

all that and it is perfectly flushed, not hump at all with liner down :D

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
What's that silver bar between your seat backs in the above pic? And why doesn't the spare no have holes all the way around? Never noticed that before.

·
Registered
Rio5 2013 LX Manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What's that silver bar between your seat backs in the above pic? And why doesn't the spare no have holes all the way around? Never noticed that before.
And as much as I hate to use a kitty cat metaphor, aren't you curious as a cat.. that is a bracket I used on my subwoofer boxes. since I have two single ones I just used brakets for them to be together, and those wires on left coming off the trunk light are for the added LEDs trunk lights on each side of trunk which it makes it super bright

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6, Regency Red, Built in Georgia March 16, 2016 - Bought it April 28th, 2016
462 Posts
And why doesn't the spare no have holes all the way around? Never noticed that before.
My guess - Manufacturing defect, the seller got a good deal and now the wheels are on eBay.

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX Sedan
49 Posts
My stock wheels on my 2012 Rio lx have the same solid section where the holes don't go all the way around, but not sure why.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I've had as many as 7 flats in one weekend. That's why I carry as plug kit in addition to a spare tire. The places I go, I'm not going to wait hours on "roadside assistance".

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ahhh, OK. I see it now. The bracket was on the boxes, and the seat backs were down. Makes sense now.

Doesn't that jack get to jumpin' with those boxes cranked up?

·
Registered
Rio5 2013 LX Manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had as many as 7 flats in one weekend. That's why I carry as plug kit in addition to a spare tire. The places I go, I'm not going to wait hours on "roadside assistance".
NAH, jack is good, i dont hear any noise from trunk except the music

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks awesome -- next time I have a spare 200 dollars laying around I need to buy a wheel and tire and throw some spare stuff in the truck like you did. Never hurts to be prepared!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Full sized spare (35psi) may be better also in that the pump only goes to about 50psi and won't fill a donut spare (60psi). Tried it. Epic FAIL.

If I got a new matched spare, the rubber would cost me about $165 (Goodyear Comfortred).

So I think better way would be the cheapest full-sized tire from Wal-Mart or Sears, with coupon, wholesale, 5-finger discounted rubber.

I wonder if single Kia wheels are going to be stolen more now with the lack of spares in new Kias? Happened back in the 70's with the GM's introduction of those compact inflatable spares...

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX ,1999 Ford Expedition, 2005 Pontiac GTO, 2007 Charger RT
32 Posts
As I am the 3rd owner of a 2012 Kia Rio 5 EX, I was lucky enough to get a number of upgrades for free.
Cargo mat, Cargo net, Upgraded rims, Floor mats,Comfort package ect, ect.
The one thing I did not get was the spare.

I purchased the complete OEM tool kit & space saver spare off Ebay for 180.00 and put the pump and a tire plug kit in the glove box.

I did not want to buy a new KIA aluminum rim, and new tire to match, which would put me over the 300.00 mark so I settled for the 180 complete kit.

·
Registered
Rio5 2013 LX Manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I leave yall for few years and now yall are still hellbent on buying them expensive spare tire kits when you can get a real full spare tire for better deal. ps full size wheels prices have droped in ebay I know as I had to buy one recently cuz my rio got stolen lol. I recovered it but they took full spare lol so had to rebuy it. also now easier to buy from junky yards as well as Rio3G is a bit older . reminder I did try other non-OEM wheels but they don't fit perfect as they hit the brake pads so you must get OEM Wheel.
fyi Refresh!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts