Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, mine does not have the button the door to push to open it. I seriously just got this car late Wednesday and it will need gas eventually! HA!
SO
I'm trying to figure out how to fuel it....can't find the release for the door to the gas cap. I see there should be a button on my door but there isn't....thus, I have to open my hatch, open a secret compartment and pull this manual release lever.....seriously?? Did I just miss something in the OM???

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Searched for a while and found this:

"There's an electric button on the driver's door just in front of the power windows and power mirror switches and if that fails, there's a emergency lever that you pull which is located in the cargo area behind a plastic cover on the right where the jack is stored."

Some models seem to have a switch connected to the driver's door hinge; yours may be one of these and perhaps the solenoid isn't working.

I once had trouble with a hire car; no lever, no button. When the car is unlocked, you just had to push gently on the flap. Another popular trick is to have the realease in the glove compartment. Many cars have the release lever on the floor near the driver's seat. These designers certainly have fun with simple controls.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
The 08 Sorentos in the US don't have a fuel door release, they just pull open from the outside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts