Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 kia optima V6. What the car is doing, it has problems starting but after it warms up the car will start putting i can push the accelerator all the way down and it wont go no faster than 5 mph. It putters, it kinda sounds like its not getting any fuel. I replaced the fuel pump, but the problem is still there. Ive been burned with the car already. A mechanic thinks it might be a ECM that needs replaced, how do i know if this is it? Ive already had two mechanics look at it and getting different stories. I just dont know what to do or believe anymore. Any advise is appreciated. Thank yoy

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
I have a 2008 kia optima V6. What the car is doing, it has problems starting but after it warms up the car will start putting i can push the accelerator all the way down and it wont go no faster than 5 mph. It putters, it kinda sounds like its not getting any fuel. I replaced the fuel pump, but the problem is still there. Ive been burned with the car already. A mechanic thinks it might be a ECM that needs replaced, how do i know if this is it? Ive already had two mechanics look at it and getting different stories. I just dont know what to do or believe anymore. Any advise is appreciated. Thank yoy
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
Steer well clear of the "mechanic" that thinks it might be the ECM.

What are the other two mechanics saying?

Get the error codes read at AutZone or such place and post them here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts