Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP don't use the Soul much, 2012 plus 2 lte motor and 6 speed auto,LIGHT suburban traffic, not many hills, think I must have done my maths wrong, please correct me or confirm that I am using as much fuel as a supercharged V8:mad:
Mileage 2174 KLS
Mileage 2225 KLS
= 51 KLS Travelled
Fuel used 10,1 LITES = Good, Bad. ?
regards Peter the Aussie
same servo, same pump, full + 2 pumpclicks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
wierd, you travelled only 51 km and then you filled it up???????? For that short of distance you could have got vast variations depending on where the pump shut off at. One little fill-up doesn't mean much, do a few full tank fill-ups (drive till the low fuel light comes on) to get a more better idea.
What was the AVERAGE on your computer gauge saying?

I have the same engine (presume its the same as the Australian one) and year, since purchasing mine (last November) and for my type of driving its ranged from a high of 9.1L/100km to a low of 7.3L/100km and that is based on averages for full tanks which is generally around the 500 km range, so not little runs before fill ups which can make go out of whack either too high or too low. I have seen via my AVERAGE gauge figures as low at 5.3L/100km, but you can see if change quickly as your speed increases.

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I wrote same servo,same pump,same fill method,fill to pump clicks off plus 2 more off clicks, gauge shows full, trip meter shows 5.3/lts, with the full tank distance to next fill app
350 kls. In my earlier life I was a auto machinist/mechanic before trip meters etc always check my cars & customer cars this way, yes I know the engine will be tight and most cars run at their best around 30,000 kls, but these figures seem wrong to me.
r. Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts