Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It must be a "Campaign" as I can't find it on the VOSA recall website and I didn't receive a recall letter.

My car (a 2010 SW) went in for a service this morning, I was told that the fuel tank straps would be replaced as a "Recall". I can only assume that there must be a problem with them, maybe corrosion?

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
I got an email and text from my dealer and had mine replaced last week.

They had the car for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Discussing this on another forum, a couple of weeks ago someone heard a bang from under their car (an early model) and after parking a short time later the car dumped its diesel on he ground. Maybe impact damage, maybe related to the strap replacement. I was surprised that the car has a steel tank, I thought they were plastic these days.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Had mine done at my last service. Not sure if they were changed or just checked though. Didnt really bother me either way to be honest.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
It might if your tank fell off one dark night far from home.
Deeps, call your local dealership give them your vin # and get it taken care of! If the recall dosn't effet your Kia then there is no problem at all. No reason to worry.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Deeps, call your local dealership give them your vin # and get it taken care of! If the recall dosn't effet your Kia then there is no problem at all. No reason to worry.
As per my original post, my tank straps were replaced today during the service.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was unaware of any problem, they just asked my permission to check/change the tank retaining straps. So why should that bother me?????
I find it comforting that KIA are taking care of potential problems before we become aware of them. It would bother me if owners were discovering safety related problems. I value reliability and am old enough to remember unreliable cars and the hassle they can cause.

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
I got this done at my 3rd service a couple weeks back, I get my car picked up and dropped back off to me from the garage as part of their good service and the fella that picked it up tried to fob me off with how long it would take them to do it and would I mind my car back the day after, I was like ''actually I need the car tonight,'' needless to say I got it back that day. Can't be that hard a job to fix a couple of straps?

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
My car had a service, MOT, new front brake pads, fuel tank straps, and a wash in about four hours. If the mechanic has any sense it also included his lunch.:D
I think it was about half 10 when they picked it up and I got it back at half 4, poorly washed and hoovered ofcourse haha

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mentioned this to our dealer this morning when I rang up about another job. he checked and our late 2010 car is not included. He did say they had changed loads on Kias instructions but had yet to see one with any corrosion. Said he was happy to keep doing it while they were paying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem but for some reason Kia does not consider Alaska to be a cold weather state. One of my straps actually corroded through. I have been dealing with customer service for a week over this. What a bunch of crap. With customer service like this I will never buy a Kia again.:confused:(

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have this problem but for some reason Kia does not consider Alaska to be a cold weather state. One of my straps actually corroded through. I have been dealing with customer service for a week over this. What a bunch of crap. With customer service like this I will never buy a Kia again.:confused:(
Did not know Kia sold Ceeds outside Europe,how come one ended up in Alaska. If they are not sold in your part of the world it is doubtful the dealer will be able to sort it, will not be in the country officially.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts