Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a problem with the fuel tank. Whenever I try to put fuel into my car, the gas station pump stops immediatelly as if the fuel tank were full. I took the car in the service but they didn't succeded/knew how to fix the problem.
Does anyone has any ideea how this can be fixed?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 3 1.6 petrol UK spec model year 2010
711 Posts
I assume you must get fuel in the car otherwise you wont go far? So how do you do it?

Is it simply that you are not putting the delivery nozzle fully into the filling spout? I think it needs to go in as far as possible to open a flap valve about 75mm down the spout, otherwise the dispensing pump will always think your tank is full.

There is of course another system that triggers the delivery pump to stop and its not simply fuel in your tank but some sort of vent valve. Did your dealer mention this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried all the possible positions for the delivery nozzle: fully or not fully inserted into the filling spout but with no success.
Every time I put fuel, it takes me about 10 min to add 20l of fuel. I pinch a little bit the flap from the delivery nozzle, the pump stops, then I pinch it again and so on until I manage to add a few litres of fuel.
The dealer said they changed a valve but with no success.
Some guy from the gas station said that it's possible the flap valve could be displaced.
Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
Proceed 1.4 110hp
177 Posts
fill a canister with fuel. then place it on your car roof, take a 1,5m garden hose, stick one end into the canister, suck on the other end and once you have sucked fuel into the hose quickly shove it down the car's hole and just let it do its business :D

this is how you pour fuel smuggled from bulgaria - in 1993 yugoslavia which is under UN sanctions and oil embargo :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
fill a canister with fuel. then place it on your car roof, take a 1,5m garden hose, stick one end into the canister, suck on the other end and once you have sucked fuel into the hose quickly shove it down the car's hole and just let it do its business :D

this is how you pour fuel smuggled from bulgaria - in 1993 yugoslavia which is under UN sanctions and oil embargo :D
Kia should advertise this technique. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had something like this in my mind, to buy a filling funnel and use it together with the delivery nozzle :)

·
Premium Member
ProCeed 3 & Picanto 3
1,490 Posts
You really shouldn't have to do anything yourself to cure this problem, take a member of the garage/dealers with you to a close by petrol station and ask him to try and fill it, he'll then be aware if the exact problem and what a pain it us and get it sorted for you under warranty

·
Registered
Proceed 1.4 110hp
177 Posts
oh that can be a major poke in the eyes.
december 31st afteroon, some years ago, i stop at a fuel station to fill the megane up, since im headed into the mountains...and crap. the lid froze shut. theres a plastic sort of pin, going straight into the car, that froze to its guiding shaft... you cant heat it since its deep in. i had to use force...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have this problem with my 2009 kia pro-ceed, pump keeps shutting off when trying to fill, thought it maybe the pump so tried several different pumps bit still the same. ive tried putting nozzle in.different angles, jiat really annoying takes.ages to fill up.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,089 Posts
i have this problem with my 2009 kia pro-ceed, pump keeps shutting off when trying to fill, thought it maybe the pump so tried several different pumps bit still the same. ive tried putting nozzle in.different angles, jiat really annoying takes.ages to fill up.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts