Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Alaska and I have a 2007 kia sportage (gas) and i had these same issues that a local shop found. my car would lose power and not go ove 20-40 mph. they pulled the fuel pump to replace it and found purple slime wrapped arund my fuel pump and all inside my tank. It is now at the dealer and they have made some calls and have heard of it on the diesels but not gas and not 2007. So they have to drain the tank and test the fuel for how much alcohol is in it. So they are trying to blame it on the fuel I buy what a crock of ****. so I will get an answer monday if they will cover it or not. any others have this with a gas not diesel in the US?

I asked the service manager if there should be some kind of liner in tha tank and he said NO! just metal. so now its t he fuel i put in the tank.

frustated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fuel tank lining

So yes my tank has aliner, it is peeling away from the tank. It is out of the 5/60000 with only 59000 miles and they will only cover half the price of the tank! not happy they should cover it all as the tank should last more than 6 years and it is a defect of the vehicle. So IA m out $1100

1 - 3 of 3 Posts