Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Dear clubmates, help me, please. Excuse me, for my English.
I want to change fuel filter on my KIA SPECTRA 2.0L 2004 EX. I have it under the back seat. What filter I need buy? Can you tell me code number (article) of this detail?
VIN: KNAFE122055103281

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
from what I have heard that the fuel filter is inside the tank connected to the fuel pump. I do not know for sure cause i have not replace mines yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. It is really,fuel filter is inside the tank connected to the fuel pump. But, what kind filter I need to buy.

·
Registered
87 Jeep, 88 Jeep, 04 Jeep... sensing a theme?
4 Posts
Hard to answer as the English gets in the way. It's really quite a horrible language.
And that's coming from a native speaker. LOL... You asked, "what kind of filter"....
Well that could mean you're asking for a brand-name recommendation or that you're asking for a part number, or maybe asking if there's a common paper vs. K&N option or something....

Of course it may be different where you are, but we have NAPA and AutoZone stores locally that are the good vs. cheap parts stores that I practically live in. Neither of their sites list a fuel filter for the Spectra. They list the fuel pump assy. entirely ( to the tune of $300+ Holy CRAP! Hope my grandsons fuel pump never goes out ) but not just the filter.

It would not be unheard of that you don't change the filter on these.
We need an actual Kia mechanic on the forums... anyone ?...

I know on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee you do not change a fuel filter unless an ODBII code indicates that it needs changed. It is a filter/regulator assy all in one and not considered to be a "preventative maintenance" item. (BTW the Jeep also has a filter-in-pump assembly mounted in the gas tank, like the Kia. Just to make it even more complicated apparently.. ;) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts