Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 KIA Sorento.
Most of the time when I fill up, the automatic stop kicks out and sends gas backing up into the air. I wait a few seconds and then cautiously continue filling up. I read that KIA had a recall on a Fuel tank Air filter, which is probably what causes the problem. I have not been able to find the part an e-bay or anywhere. I found a You tube video on how to change it, but I would need a part source. Also I would like to change the cabin filter, but don't know ehere it is, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hp

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,574 Posts
Your f/tank filter is real cheap $15.00 list price I could sell you one for 12.00. Part # is 31453 26300. Your Sorento did not have a cabin filter from the factory. If you like you can remove your glove box door, to see if there is a Door to put in a cabin filter in. If there is not a extra door behind your glove box you will not be able to add a filter.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,498 Posts
It could also be your vapor canister has released some of the charcoal pellets into the vent line. That woild also cause the fuel to spit back.

·
Super Moderator
4,574 Posts
How much all together with shipping to S. Indiana for the fuel tank filter?
No tax, with shipping it will be $19.50, to your front door.

·
Registered
2003 Sorento, 3.5L, 110K Miles
33 Posts
Vapor Canister

Cobra259

This is regarding a 2003 Sorento EX, 3.5L gas, ~135500K miles.

I've been fighting a OBD error code P0446 - related to the vapor canister and/or purge valve. I've blown the canister out as best as possible and am now monitoring to see if the error comes back.

If it does, are you able to obtain the canister, valve, and attached hoses (3)? I've checked online and can only find the canister and valve. The hoses are important as I wasn't able to disconnect 2 of the 3 and expect I'll need to cut them off.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,574 Posts
Cobra259

This is regarding a 2003 Sorento EX, 3.5L gas, ~135500K miles.

I've been fighting a OBD error code P0446 - related to the vapor canister and/or purge valve. I've blown the canister out as best as possible and am now monitoring to see if the error comes back.

If it does, are you able to obtain the canister, valve, and attached hoses (3)? I've checked online and can only find the canister and valve. The hoses are important as I wasn't able to disconnect 2 of the 3 and expect I'll need to cut them off.

Thanks
Yes, I get you the 3 hose's if and when you need them.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,498 Posts
KBBGeorge, I fought one of those codes also. It turned out to be a connector had become worn and would not click n lock. Standing in front of the engine, look to the battery side, under the engine cover corner is a collection of connectors. One of those is for the purge valve. That is the one that was loose. When I pushed it back in and cleared the code it never came back. Worth a try. I put a zip tie around it to secure the connector in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It could also be your vapor canister has released some of the charcoal pellets into the vent line. That woild also cause the fuel to spit back.
i have this problem as well. Had filter replaced at dealership due to recall but did not fixproblem. Seems cannister needs replacing now. What are parts needed and where can i purchase for my mechanic to install?
Ryan

·
Registered
04 Kia Sorento EX
35 Posts
Ryan, I found the part on Rockauto.com. They have a link on this website and just click the red start button and in a few clicks you will get to the part you need. It is under the emission category.

The canister for my Sorento was only 85 bucks and shipping was pretty cheap also.

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone still has an issue with the gastank filter, KIA replaced mine undera recall, which fixed my gas spilling problem, but also turned off my check engine light. I called KIA and they covered it without any problem.,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts