Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the easiest way to test fuel pressure? could i take the fuel line off just before the filter and use some normal fuel line with a pressure gauge to test?

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for help

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,692 Posts
what is the easiest way to test fuel pressure? could i take the fuel line off just before the filter and use some normal fuel line with a pressure gauge to test?
NO!

In order to test the fuel system, it must be intact. Part of the test involves testing the FI and FPR for leak down..

On most fuel rails there is an end cap that can be removed and replaced with an adapter that provides a Schrader valve where the gauge is connected..

I drilled, and threaded mine to accept the required fitting.Fuel Diagnostic Valves... Philip

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what should pressure be from the pump?

·
Premium Member
1999 Sportage A/T 4WD
988 Posts
NO!

In order to test the fuel system, it must be intact. Part of the test involves testing the FI and FPR for leak down..

On most fuel rails there is an end cap that can be removed and replaced with an adapter that provides a Schrader valve where the gauge is connected..

I drilled, and threaded mine to accept the required fitting.Fuel Diagnostic Valves... Philip
Please, describe how you did that job: Does the fuel rail have to be removed to drill it? What valve did you buy, and do you know if it is available for purchasing on line?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt use a schrader as im trying to sell this thing but if u go to this link, Fuel Pressure Tester & Fuel Injection Pump Tester it is the pressure tester i used. i used the T fitting between the fuel filter and the rail.

the fittings it comes with are good for cadillacs so i u where to go to a junk yard u could get one off a caddy, drill and tap for that valve.

and yes you will have to remove the rail so u can clear the shavings out of it after.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
I seem to remember a working fuel pressure of 33-50 psi...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have it all figured out, thx

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
what was it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts