Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: HI Guys,

can anyone of you tell me the advantage of installing Fuel Pressure regulator(FPR)?
At what setting is the best for optimising my fuel consumption?What about fuel ionizer? CAn you tell me the specification to look out for?

Thanks alot guys.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
you must tune the fuel preature regulator on dyno for max gains ....but do not expect much ... it give more or less fuel on all rpms ....the right is to give only in the exact rpm that it needet so better way is reprogram your ecu or buy an afr .....

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by amid@Oct 28 2004, 02:46 PM
you must tune the fuel preature regulator on dyno for max gains ....but do not expect much ... it give more or less fuel on all rpms ....the right is to give only in the exact rpm that it needet so better way is reprogram your ecu or buy an afr .....

Well on the kias, in general they run them on the factory setting already a bit rich. even when i put a header, 2.25" exhaust pipe cat back, lightened crank pulley with my air/fuel gauge im running stoich. perfect with no fuel mods...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems that ECU will make correction for any increase in fuel with corresponding increase in air to maintain the 1:14 stoichometric ratio. It does it by modulating the duration of fuel injected to the engine. Hence, FPR only benefits in faster response of fuel supply during the throttle transcient changes and allows no extra fuel at steady state. Particularly useful if there is already a highflow airfilter to reduce the restriction of the the extra air needed.

Though very few can explain how magnets can ionise or crack molecule when moving fuel cut the magnetic flux, increasingly many have testified these magnets actually improve fuel economy. I suspect many of them do work if designed and installed correctly.

Of course don't expect substantial difference when 3%-5% is already significant savings in the long term.

Originally posted by zenius@Oct 2 2004, 05:10 PM
:huh: HI Guys,

can anyone of you tell me the advantage of installing Fuel Pressure regulator(FPR)?
At what setting is the best for optimising my fuel consumption?What about fuel ionizer? CAn you tell me the specification to look out for?

Thanks alot guys.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking about that, and if I understand wouldn't a fpr and possible larger injectors help with off the line and slamming the gas at rolling start

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
IF you addd more fuel now without big air mods your going to run rich as hell and probaly lose power. Your not going to get a regulator on there without modifing the system its returnless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts