Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage LX
13 Posts
I just received this yesterday for our 21 Sorento. Can anyone tell me where this pipe is located on the car?

Manufacturer Safety Recall Campaign issued
NHTSA #21V519
Recall #SC214
SC214 HIGH-PRESSURE FUEL PIPE

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
I received a recall notice in my UVO App Friday 7/16. I made an appointment at KIA service for 10 AM today. I will keep you posted with post inspection results.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,768 Posts
Any guidance on what to expect if worse comes to worse and the fuel pipe is one of the bad parts?
1. What's the current lead time for replacement?

2. If the lead time is weeks/months, can the sorento still be driven? Or are you looking at getting a loaner until it can be fixed?
I've posted the recall. You can check your lot # on the fuel line. You will find out quick if yours needs to be replaced or not. As of right now the replacement fuel line would 2 days for me to get..

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line, Aruba Green, Rust Interior
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've posted the recall. You can check your lot # on the fuel line. You will find out quick if yours needs to be replaced or not. As of right now the replacement fuel line would 2 days for me to get..
Yep, thanks. Thankfully the part# is easy to find and mine is not the part# that needs to be replaced. That's one less thing for me to worry about.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX (Canadian)
10 Posts
I feel fortunate, my Sorento was built June 10th, 2 days after the production date end date of June 8th.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
I received a recall notice in my UVO App Friday 7/16. I made an appointment at KIA service for 10 AM today. I will keep you posted with post inspection results.
Well I checked in 10AM.
REVIEWED THE INSPECTION DOCUMENT WITH SERVICE PROVIDER.
He showed me the technicians document and was the same as posted here with pages of instructions how to do internal documentation, to record inspection and order parts. They also had to take pictures of your parts and the numbers on the pipes for documented records. I asked what would happen if i needed a replacement pipe. He said "Let's wait and see your inspection results".

Was completed and with a gratis car wash in 75 minutes. They gave me a service document stating inspection completed, and stating proper line was installed and that all fittings were properly TORQUED.
Hope this is the end of this drama.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line AWD
11 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Even if my Sorento isn't affected, should I take it in for proper torque adjustments?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Even if my Sorento isn't affected, should I take it in for proper torque adjustments?

Thanks
Do you have the UVO app. Look bottom 1st page at owner materials there should be a box with recal notice . Vehicle Ststus page just under miles to go should also have recall notice.
Or go to govt recall website and key in your Vin number. You are from USA.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line AWD
11 Posts
Do you have the UVO app. Look bottom 1st page at owner materials there should be a box with recal notice . Vehicle Ststus page just under miles to go should also have recall notice.
Or go to govt recall website and key in your Vin number. You are from USA.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
FYI, two days after my fuel line inspection the recall notice in my UVO App is gone. Looks like kia is documenting this real well.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
79 Posts
This is really helpful. The down side is that I just checked mine, and though it's not the "bad" lot number, the fuel line as it enters the retaining nut is sort of cocked a bit sideways (not concentric). I repair industrial equipment by trade, and some similar fittings use an o-ring (this one doesn't appear to), and some are a flare- type. If the pipe doesn't sit in the nut in a concentric manner, usually it's been flared incorrectly (and the recall mentions the pipe defect as a concentricity issue). I have some apprehension that the dealer may say "nope, not the suspect part number", and move on. Cobra259; any thoughts on this? Thanks for being our inside line on this!

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

Duplicated picture 4X duh... At any rate, hopefully it's clear what I was trying to convey about the pipe being crooked or not concentric within the nut.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,768 Posts
If you bring it in, it will get retorqued. As long as they don't see any leaks, I don't think it will get replaced. I do see just what you mean, but a far as warranty goes, there needs to be a "problem" for the line to be replaced.

·
Registered
2021 Kia sorento EX, 08 Kawasaki nomad,
107 Posts
mine goes in on Aug. 13th if they the tool for it by then

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line AWD
11 Posts
I just got my recall notice in the mail. I'll be calling the Kia dealership today to schedule an appt. Thanks for the heads up everybody.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts