Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio RX-V, 1969 Beetle, 1993 VW Golf (800,000km's and counting), 2011 Ford f-150 FX4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

Recently I've started smelling fuel from the rear of my car, I looked under and determined it was leaking from the filter area about 2 weeks ago. Didn't appear to be serious and isnt so I left it till I had time.

So I finally got back to it, it is leaking from the fitting on the side with the single port (in?) on the filter thats located closest to the take of the car.

I'm going to replace the filter either way.... I'm already there so why not. But any ideas how to stop that fitting from leaking? Or can I just place the line straight to the filter and hose clamp it? This fitting I'm refering to clips onto the fuel filter and connects the fuel line, it has two buttons (one on each side) to release and to hold the line onto the filter. I have checked with my local parts guy and its a Kia only part and well.... I'm avoiding them since they wanted to charge me $23 of a door lock rod clip.... if you've seen that clip it should be like .50 cents max.

Also when you remove that line is it normal for it to be preasured when the cars not running?? I just had a gas shower! Hahaha

Thanks guys!

Oh and my cars a 04' Rio RX-V

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
We are talking about a HI presure fuel line leak, I would NOT be half a**ing this one! Your fuel injected engine runs at 40 PSI. I would be replacing the line/fitting with a new one. Your asking for problems with cutting off the line and using a hose and clamp.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
I thought it was 50psi.... and absolutely agree.... get the right part from Kia! I have seen hose clamps on the proper barbed fittings hold over a hundred psi, but I wouldn't play around with this one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts