Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When reading in my owner's manual, it said it was not safe to use other injector cleaner beside the Kia brand they sell at the dealer, wich sells at a crazy almost 15$ a bottle. I figured it's all the same and bought a Canadian Tire bottle that can be used 5 times for 10$. It stats it's safe for catalytic converters and such on the bottle. (I dont really remember the details but I figured it would be fine)

But now,I just read a post on here that said this:

A word of advice - be very careful what fuel injector additives you use - or any fuel additives - Wynns injector cleaner destroyed my Oxygen sensor.

So that gets me really worried, I want to use injector cleaner because I want to keep my car injectors clean, so it's not harder on gaz and keep it's performance because it's already got not very good MPG and Performance, but I dont want to destroy anything on my car using something not safe, neither do I want to pay 15$ a bottle.....

So if anyone has suggestions let me know what you use or think about that..... :liebe011:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
LOL.. of course it's going to say that. It's so that they could make money! :grin:
Dude, trust me.. there is NOTHING different between the KIA brand that the rest .. well.. maybe the Walmart brand.. LOL.. just use either Cheveron, STP, or some other name brand. Personaly I use Cheveron w/Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner. (aprox $10 - Still half price.) :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts