Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does any1 know where i can get my fuel injectors and fuel pump calibrated and recontioned? and how much would it cost? they mechanic said this is the solution to the hard starts even if my engine is warm enough.. and the van vibrates too wen i put it in first gear and slowly release the clutch, engine not warm enough, once warm, the vibration stops... any1 knows how much? my location is in manila..

·
Registered
KIA Besta,KIA CD5,Nissan Langley,Mitsubishi Pajero
18 Posts
I read your posted problem. Perhaps you can try a second or third opinion from other mechanics. Your engine symptoms could also be caused by any or combination of the following:
1. Defective Thermostat (Slow warm up)
2. Defective Glow or Heater Plugs
3. Slightly misadjusted engine timing.
4. Low engine compression (Worn piston rings)

Please take note: A maladjusted fuel injection pump would cause excessive black smoke
and poor engine performance. (Low power,lack of torque and hard starting). Engine vibration will not disappear even if the engine gets warm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks sir.. the vibration is actually like the engine is laboring due to low rpm.. but even if i hold the rpm at 1500rpm, it still vibrates as if laboring..(pigil ang andar).. btw, if the valve clearance is too small, would this cause low power and lack of torque?? coz im feeling it lack power now after the tune up.. had it done in a shell gas station service center.. it also has really blak smoke.. what do u think would be the cause of this vibration..

btw, whats a rough estimate of the reconditioning of fuel injectors and pump?

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
24 Posts
sir kerikzb

you can take it to DRT its phone number is 9281042 call them up and get the address i just know how to get there and honest ly dont really know the name and the place its something like shorthorn or something the street where abe's gas station is on congresstional . They seem to be honest when it comes to things like this cause i had a problem with my 94 FX hard starting i thougt after a 130Kms it was time after changing plugs and having the starter checked and even feed pumps, any way i was able to start it one morning after a few minutes of cranking literally a few minutes probably 3 to 5 mins or so. Well got it there and the guy said hmm lets just do a tune up valve clearance and adjustments . Well they fixed it up at least they were honest in telling me that not to have the calibration thing, which roughly would come to about 4 to 6 depending on what is replaced in the injection pump. Had tried them 2 time once with a besta 2.7 fuel returning to the tank so i have to crank the engine just to pump diesel to the pumps and again after bringing it to them they just charged me 150 for a change of fuel lines so I guess after thiese 2 encounters with them you could feel safe that when you bring you car to them they would be honest enough to really tell you if it is really time for you to part with your 4 to 6k of cash for the injection calibration. As one of the guys said if your timing belt do happen to jump a teeth you may be encountering the problems you have now. so i guess bring it there and lets just hope the belt is just of by a teeth . Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts