Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't remember, I will check this weekend and post back but in the meantime check your throttle body and work your way back with the fule lines, should be on the firewall. Go to partsamerica.com and see what a new one looks (and costs) like.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
if its the same as the 2nd gen it sits above the drivers (i beleive if not pass) side rear tire.. on the fender well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
not sure if it helps but mines a 99 and the filter is located on the passengers side right in front of the rear tire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks... im pretty sure i found it but somebody told me that there are two fuel filters on the car....is that true?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I havn't had to replace mine yet, but my dad said he had to on my sisters 95 sephia, and told me it was a pain, he only mentioned the one.

I will have to replace mine very soon, so if you do find two please let us know.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Its a 10 minute task in no way is it hard to do... take the 2 lines off and unscrew 1 bolt... install lines and install bolt done..
Oh and there is only 1 filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first gen has the filter on the firewall, low next to the master cylinder. :mad: (Pain in the ass!!) 2nd gen has it next to the gas tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts