Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new here but ive been reading a lot of articles to how to fix my KIA Sportage 2008. it has been very helpful. so thanks to all of you. my problem is that i cant seem to find any threads to how to fix a fuel filter, should i replace the whole pump (filter is inside). this is my first car and im really into its maintenance, really learning a lot. hiccups are occuring during acceleration. changed spark plugs, cords and ignition coil thanks a lot for any help i can get

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
Cause it is not changeable. The filter is part of the pump. Try and find a part number for it anywhere.

Even the parts stores say, the computers and books say "not serviceable"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 1fastkia. so does that mean i have to replace the whole pump? it costs 10x a filter. i tried adding injection cleaner at the gas tank and it disappeared for a couple of days then i realized that accelerating from 60-80kph in 3000rpm brings the hiccup back. can anyone help in fixing this? thanks again for the future reply

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to ask, would changing the pump possibly fix the problem? thanks again and very grateful for any reply

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
One cant and really should not diagnose a car from the internet with so little info. There are so many things that can cause your symptoms you might want to spend the money and have a professional check it out.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
hey guys, im new here but ive been reading a lot of articles to how to fix my KIA Sportage 2008. it has been very helpful. so thanks to all of you. my problem is that i cant seem to find any threads to how to fix a fuel filter, should i replace the whole pump (filter is inside). this is my first car and im really into its maintenance, really learning a lot. hiccups are occuring during acceleration. changed spark plugs, cords and ignition coil thanks a lot for any help i can get
Hey Doods, welcome to the forum. This is a little off-topic but since you are into the maintenance stuff yourself you may find the following official KIA site very useful. Registration is free.

http://www.kiatechinfo.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eyeballface-thats what i was thinking of but when i started to fix some of our Sportage by my self it really felt good. I started with replacing the tail lights, the face of light direction control, replace cabin air filters. then i talked to a mechanic saying that replacing sparkplugs, wires and coil packs was easy so i tried doing them as well and they turned out to be just fine felt a bit of an improvement while driving. now i just want to try to fix this myself. I had a mechanic to change the belts (don't have the proper equipments and know how for this level of troubleshooting) and they told me that its the transmission. My aim is to make Sportage live a bit longer than expected having a transmission problem. But as you have suggested, if everything goes nowhere ill end up doing exactly what you have suggested. So, thank you so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey back Roshan, i have seen that site , and still visiting it as often as i am visiting Kiaforums. Helped me a lot and im sure it will still help me in the future. I even saved some of the instructions for easier access. Had some difficulty registering at first but with the help of the internet i managed to go thru. Thanks again Roshan.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Had some difficulty registering at first but with the help of the internet i managed to go thru. Thanks again Roshan.
You are most welcome. For reasons best known to the likes of Bill Gates
the site works best with IE and not so much with other browsers!

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
One cant and really should not diagnose a car from the internet with so little info. There are so many things that can cause your symptoms you might want to spend the money and have a professional check it out.
So if this is not a place for advice on these cars, what is the actual point of the forum?
just to talk about your car, but nothing about fixing one without a mechanic?
Just saying.

Every forum has advice from home mechanics, well, 90 percent of all people of forums are not mechanics at a shop.

Why do we have a diy forum? I have seen so many people helped with others advice on just this forum. From NOT mechanics but people who practice car mechanics as a HOBBY.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
This is a place for people that have knowledge here and there to lend there knowhow and to help another out. And maybe that guy that helped with your motor needs help with his audio system and you just happen to know a lot about that and can help him and others out.

That is a forum and that is what your saying this place should not be?

Just explain what car forums are supposed to consist of.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
forgot to ask, would changing the pump possibly fix the problem? thanks again and very grateful for any reply
Its like 300 dollars and just throwing that at it without knowing the issue is crazy. If you cant figure it out and cannot get help, bring it to someone who can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, just left my sportage at a mechanic. ac condenser just had a big leak and up for replacement. told em bout the hiccup he said that he'll look into it. but before this happened i adjusted the SP gaps from 1.05mm to 1.00mm (according to user manual 1.00mm to 1.05) it gave a better strength in acceleration and less fuel consumption but hiccups are still there, not as strong as before but still there. ill update you guys if the mechanic fixed it.
thanks 1fastkia for all the pointers. really, really, REALLY appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Just tryin to help.

On a side note, is the check engine light on or flashing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
check engine light is not showing. or any other warning lights. Cant say anything more, my sportage is still in the hands of the mechanics. just realized how boring it is not to drive (been a few days now)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got our sportage back. and the hiccups, they say, was because of the gearbox. and about the filter, they suggested to wait for the whole pump to fail before replacing the whole pump. Thank you all for the reply, suggestions and comments. They really helped a lot

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have an 08 Sportage, shouldn't it be still under warranty? So why not send to a Kia dealer for repairs of the problems you are having with the car? Even if you purchased it used, the original warranty is still good for 5 years / 60,000 miles. I purchased my used 08 Sportage last year and the car is still under warranty until 07/2013 because the car was originally sold in 08/2008. I have been sending my car to a Kia dealer for repairs for a few problems after I got it. You can check with Kia. I had a problem with the air-bag light coming on and the sensor unit in the driver seat was faulty. Luckily the car was still under warranty as the repair cost was >$3,5000!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when we got the car, here we have choices of waranties and we took the shortest 60,000km. we have used 150,000km. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts