Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Have two questions

1) Where is located fuel filter? I have read that it's under the rear seats, is it true?
2) How to remove water from the fuel filter?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure to be honest but I think its under the bonnet.

WARNING Be very careful when working on modern diesels, the fuel pressure is incredibly high (1800bar which is over 20,000 psi) which will damage tissue and blind you if it gets in your eyes.

Take it to the dealer, it may cost you a few pounds but the alternative is not worth thinking about.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Hi Guys,

Have two questions

1) Where is located fuel filter? I have read that it's under the rear seats, is it true?
2) How to remove water from the fuel filter?
Hello Valisjt
You will find the fuel Filter at the rear if the engine compartment on the right hand side normally. It’s an uncomfortable job needing lots of patience, as bits have to be removed from other components to get at its rather stupid placement.
You must remove the top of the filter unit and and just pop in a new filter. Fill filter body with diesel replace and give the engine a run. This is a time absorbing job hated by service mechanics, hence it’s often left undone.
Despite warnings of extreme high pressure the filter is safe to remove at this point, but be warned. It isn’t an easy operation.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree that pressures are very high in modern fuel injection systems but its up to you if you want to take the risk I guess.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Be very careful when working on modern diesels, the fuel pressure is incredibly high (1800bar which is over 20,000 psi) which will damage tissue and blind you if it gets in your eyes.
Not a concern with the filter (attached to the bulkhead). This only applies to rigid pipes at the front of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts