Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can give me some advice.

I have a '99 kia, and whenever I'm at the pump, the pump shuts off after putting only a gallon of gas or even less. There is spillage sitting in the fuel filler, I have to wait for that to drain into the gas tank, and then I start pumping again. I have to do this over and over until I get 10 gallons in the tank, I've never gone through anything like this before, its driving me nuts. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
There was a recall a while back for this. check with dealer.. it was some valve in the fuel neck... I might still have the slip for it ill see if i can find it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you don't get anywhere with the dealer try turning the nozzle upside down while you are pumping. As a side note when the pump shuts off on my car the tank is full!! No topping up or you have a mess.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Your tank is probably not venting and there was a recall on it. It is TSB #15 from October of 2000 and it is for the replacement of the ORVR.

If it has already been done there should be a sticker on the back side of the right rear door frame, below the latch.

It is supposed to take about an hour and when you take it to the dealer, try to run the tank down to 1/4 or less, or they will have to remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts