Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I had bought a new Kia Rio 1.5l Hatchback recently. But the bad new was that i recieved numerous negative comments about KIA (all models) high fuel consumption. Is that true?

I would be thankful, if friends of the forum can advise me on:
- how far can the full tank (45l) go in a city area, where there are alot of traffic lights and narrow roads?

-or-

- how far can a 1l go in a city area, where there are alot of traffic lights and narrow roads?

I hope your answers can bring me some assurance as............ every year, there are hikes in fuel pricings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh....

Thank you so much!

Moon

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 1fastkia,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am currently driving 1.5l. Its much of an assure that it can at least hit a 27mpg or so in a city. Thank you.

Moon :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
When we get a customer who is complaining of bad fuel consumption we check it with a procedure called the brim test.

The brim test:

Take your car to the fuel station and fill it up until the pump clicks. Then put a little more fuel in until you can just see the level. Zero the trip meter. Take the car and drive it for 60 miles with the A/c off and at a steady 60 miles/hour with no stops. As soon as you have done 60 miles go to a fuel station and again brim the car so you can see the level.

On your bill (from the second time you filled it) you will have the price of the fuel and the amount of litres.

Use these figures to work out your consumption. This is the most accurate method.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
1fastkia,

Your method may be easier but its not as accurate. If any1 owns a Kia and takes the car into a UK dealer with the fault "bad fuel consumption". That dealer will be instructed by Kia Motors UK to conduct the brim test to check what the fuel consumption is. They will also state if the fuel consumption after the test is the same as the combined figure or better then there is no fault found.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
how can you base a cars miles per gallon on 60 miles???
LOL
think about it if car makers did it this way every cars miles per gallon would be inflated way above what it actually gets miles per gallon.
I mean you say drive 60 miles at 60 mph. this is not true world per gallon at all. no one drives 60mph everywhere all the time.
mpg is based on all ways of driving. you may get bad mileage at 30 mph but great at 60mph.
this is the way the car works. slow speeds = more gas
60mph is a cars optimal mpg for say.
anything past 65 usually uses a bit more fuel as engine is working a bit harder at this point.
car makers dont test a cars miles per gallon driving only 60 miles. know what i mean.
mpg also depends on climate, atomosphere, temp outside. there are tons of factors that could change the mpg.
Like I could bring you my car today. drive that 60 miles fill it up again get the number.
could do it tomorrow in a different city get a different number.

also. check you fuel filter if your getting poor mileage it will affect it if needs changing.
same with air filter, spark plugs if they need changing change them you will see a little difference in fuel consuption.
there are so many factors that affect the cars miles per gallon/litres.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys,

Thank for your replies. I really appreciate. Will try it out. Thanks.

Cheerios,
Moonie :57:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts