Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento XS 2.5 CRDTI 2006/2007
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Sorento 2.5 diesel SX and the fuel consumption is quitq poor, around 27mpg. As fuel in the UK is equal to $ 7.50 and rising, its getting beyond a joke.

·
Registered
Sorento XS 2.5 CRDTI 2006/2007
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last trip Bedfordshire to Portsmouth. Motorway all the way, steady 70 mph mostly using cruise control.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think 27mpg is pretty close to what this car will do. Mine is around the same or even less. I know they improved the engine for the 2005 model but the real data is probably around 32mpg.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

This was a big problem for me when I got my XE auto last May, the best I managed was 24 mpg before the auto box and ECU recall in November '04, I still get cr** urban mpg, but on motorway cruising I get around 34 mpg, which I think is pretty good. Try getting your dealer to check the ECU, it may be that yours needs reprogramming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an 03 XS auto.Tried driving at various speeds from 55-80 mph mainly motorway and good A roads and the best mpg I could get was 27.At 80 mph I get 25.8 mpg.Been back to my dealer and he can't find any faults with the car.Thinking of fitting a K&N filter.Do you think this might help? Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have had our new 2.5 manual xse for 2 weeks on our first fill i got just over 27 mpg on second 27.6 i am hoping that as the engine runs in the fuel consumption will improve and if i can average 30+ iwill be happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys,

Don't want to worry you but I've had my 2.5 XS AUTO for over a year and with close on 13000 miles on the clock I'm still getting between 27-29 Mpg. I have a K&N fitted which has made no dissernable differance.

I'm also running now with PSIpower's power box enhancement which gives much better engine performance and pushes my fuel economy (just) above 30mpg

Regards, Ian
UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
The K&N certainly improves things if you are running with a booster box or re-mapped ECU as you've got a easier air flow into the engine. I think I can tell a difference with the K&N but the biggest struggle that I have is that the auto box makes things very 'remote'.

If you are in the UK the you might have difficulty getting the filter as I was told it was a US part ... its also nearly £50 .. you'll get the part number from the K&N website.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ian
Just bought a K&N filter off ebay for £43.06 inclusive.Item No.7950402893.If you go on automotive section and put in sorento k&n filter you will find it.
Regards Tom.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tom, let us know how the K&N filter is working for you. Difficult to install? I am going to order the filter from eBay.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts