Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My Picanto drinks about 9 - 9,5 l / 100 km. I think it too much, even we have winter now, and the car mostly moves in the town. The technical data says that town cycle fuel consumtion is 7,4 l / 100 km. I know that it's a wishful thinking, but 9,5 l is almost 30% more.
What do tou think ?
What is the fuel consumtion of your cars ?
 

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
Joined
·
26 Posts
Hello from Spain!!!

How many Km have your pica ??

I have 7000 km, all in the city and very high traffic, and the consumtion in about 28L / 360 km (this means 7,7 l/100)

I think this is a good consumption for the city. I want to make a calculation in the highway and long distances.

Sorry for my poor English.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's quite new car. It has about 1200 km.
I hope that everything in the car still adjusting, and the consumtion will be smaller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
ive done around 2500 miles so far and I get about 220 miles before the fill up light comes on, how many gallons is the tank so I can work out my mpg? it seems pretty low to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
4.54 litres in a UK gallon.

I've got a Picanto se for a day or two, did 160 miles in it today, cars covered 500miles in total, and consumption is around 42mpg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
That is the same as what I get, can squeze about 250 miles out of a tank before I have to fill up, but its quite good as it only takes about £22 to fill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Hi All

Ive got an SE and i wish i got that milage to a tank. i get about 150 - 170 miles to a full tank, ive covered over 8400 miles in mine now. where am i going rong? :unsure:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have a 1.1 liter M/T Picanto LX here in the Philippines and I get approximately 8.33 L/100 km in city driving (over here, that would mean heavy traffic with the air conditioning always on). Highway driving is another thing altogether: I can get 5 L/100 km easily (with the aircon on as well, making no attempts to save on gas; i.e., accelerate to 4000 rpm whenever necessary).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I filled up. I did 329,3 km on 30,35 l which gives about 9,22 l/100km. <_<
It's too much for such small engine. :( Even in town and with A/T. No aircon. Quite long distances - about 22 km one way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
my goes 400 km in one tank (27 l) but that is whit winterconditions and dubbed tires....have a atomatic transmision...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Originally posted by 3gadam@Feb 1 2005, 02:06 AM
Hi All

Ive got an SE and i wish i got that milage to a tank. i get about 150 - 170 miles to a full tank, ive covered over 8400 miles in mine now. where am i going rong? :unsure:

Sounds like you should have it checked, unless you drive everywhere on very high revs, got an LX for my partner at Christmas, she gets a fairly consistant 48-50mpg, roughly 300miles per tank!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Hello All,
It's normal to have a high fuel consumption in the 1st 1000km. I did my first 350km with approx.30l ... that means 12km/l ... nice enough for a new car (i took care of my engine rev below 3000rpm) ... i believe as soon as i done my 1st 1000km service, it'll gain better fuel consumption.
And i did that with bad fuel quality, i use RON88 gas. i'll do better with RON92 or even RON95 gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Originally posted by janoush2@Jan 28 2005, 05:51 PM
Hello,

My Picanto drinks about 9 - 9,5 l / 100 km. I think it too much, even we have winter now, and the car mostly moves in the town. The technical data says that town cycle fuel consumtion is 7,4 l / 100 km. I know that it's a wishful thinking, but 9,5 l is almost 30% more.
What do tou think ?
What is the fuel consumtion of your cars ?
Hello janoush2,
Are your car is A/T and have you trun on "OverDrive"? for high speed driving?
Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by pls@Feb 23 2005, 05:50 AM
Hello janoush2,
Are your car is A/T and have you trun on "OverDrive"? for high speed driving?
Simon
Yes, it's A/T, but the "magic" :) button is off.
But today I filled up, and noticed, my Pica drunk 8,3. It appears, it's going to drink less. The previous filling was also at lower level than the one before.

I hope it will come to about 7,5 - 8 l/100 km.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Originally posted by janoush2@Feb 25 2005, 04:34 AM
Yes, it's A/T, but the "magic" :) button is off.
But today I filled up, and noticed, my Pica drunk 8,3. It appears, it's going to drink less. The previous filling was also at lower level than the one before.

I hope it will come to about 7,5 - 8 l/100 km.
The "ODD OFF" Led should be turned off in order to let your picanto to switch 4 gear in high speed to save fuel.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top