Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I appologise if this question has been asked before.

I know what the book says but I would like to know what typical fuel consumption any of you owners get for a 2.9 CRDi.:unsure:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carnival
7 Posts
Originally posted by 54FLX@Sep 7 2004, 06:48 AM
First of all I appologise if this question has been asked before.

I know what the book says but I would like to know what typical fuel consumption any of you owners get for a 2.9 CRDi.:unsure:
Can't help you for a diesel engine but my 2.5 petrol engine is getting about 8 km/l for city driving and about 10.5 for highway driving.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Murphwiz & notnosman,

Its a manual so I expect slightly better economy than the Auto.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good :D
Looks like we could save a few pennies then, based on the fuel consumption of our 2.0 VVTI Petrol RAV 4. At best we could only get 28Mpg out of it even though the book says 35Mpg.. :blink:

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far after 1400 miles where averaging 32mpg but 200 of those miles was owing a caravan.
Trip from Derby to Gosport averaged 36mpg but car was still on its first tank of fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all
Yeah I know, I'm posting all sorts of stuff here today, but I'm enthusiastic about this car thus far. Here's my quote from the towing thread...:rolleyes:
As for fuel economy, I got (believe it or not) 42mpg for the first tankfull! - OK, I was very careful and ran it at 70(ish) for 300 of those miles, but I did have 3 adults and 3 boys on board!
For the past few months, I've been using the car for commuting in heavy town traffic - a 5-1/2 mile journey takes 45 minutes +/-, there, and 30 minutes back. I'm seeing 300miles to a tankfull - that's nearer 25 mpg, still 8mpg better than my 1997 2.0L petrol Galaxy that I p/x'd for this excellent machine. :blink:
For a 2.2 Ton car, that's nothing short of amazing! :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi. Im not partically frugal or economically minded but I can usually clear 30 MPG in my manual CRDI Sedona. In the two long distance runs I did measure it 4 up with all luggage for a holiday (To Switzerland and Nice) I was generally sitting at 3000 RPM / 85 ish MPH and I was getting 33 MPG with the air-con on. I have found sliding the roof bars to the back cuts down wind noise and that cleaning the rubber gasket between the bonnet and the intercooler made it make a better seal which must help also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by eco@Dec 27 2004, 03:15 PM
Hi. Im not partically frugal or economically minded but I can usually clear 30 MPG in my manual CRDI Sedona. In the two long distance runs I did measure it 4 up with all luggage for a holiday (To Switzerland and Nice) I was generally sitting at 3000 RPM / 85 ish MPH and I was getting 33 MPG with the air-con on. I have found sliding the roof bars to the back cuts down wind noise and that cleaning the rubber gasket between the bonnet and the intercooler made it make a better seal which must help also.
I run my 2.9 crdi 2004 for my job as a chauffeur and i return generaly 35-37mpg at 80mph on the motorways.Iget 450-500 miles from a full tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone

on city traffic, running on average about 30 to 40 kph, i only get about 5 to 7 kms per liter on my 2001 model 2.9L diesel. actually thought i can get at least 10km/liter so i checked with the dealer and other owners, and they all confirmed that gas consumption is the same as mine.. highway driving will get me about 7 to 8 km/liter

rgds

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2003 2.9 tdi AUTOMATIC needs only 8.5 liter diesel per 100 km which is an extremely good value for a car with 2.2 tons empty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have been monitoring our 2,9tdi for the last month now. We are regularly using 8 liters/100 kms. I am very impressed. Please note that this is wintertime, and that the Webasto heater is using close to a liter/100 kms.
Lots of grunt, and still runs cheap! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts