Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just brought my first Kia yesterday!!! :) It's a '05 Sorento EX 3.5L V6. Everything is good except for the external attenna and unsecure fuel cap!! Grrrr....
Does anyone know where I can buy a locking fuel cap to replace the stock one? I realy don't like to have the fuel tank open to public.

My friend mentioned something about locking the Fuel tank door with the remote...He said only ned to attach some wires with the alarm. can it be done with the Sorento?? Please advise. Thanks!!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I have seen locking gas caps for the Sorento on ebay. Congrats on the new Sorento :thumbsup:

Here in the US the gas door doesnt have an electric release. Its just a door that anyone can open.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I don't know what it's like where you live, but around here if the thieves want your gas, they've just been piercing the tank to drain the fuel. Personally, I'd rather them just siphon it out the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by KiaMech@Oct 11 2005, 11:41 PM
I don't know what it's like where you live, but around here if the thieves want your gas, they've just been piercing the tank to drain the fuel. Personally, I'd rather them just siphon it out the old fashioned way.
Wow.....nothing like stealing your gas and damaging your vehicle. I hear ya I would want it siphoned out too if it came down to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts