Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Rondo and 2000 Tacoma
111 Posts
Since Chevron adds Techron to its gasoline, I would imagine Techron fuel additive would definitely be on any approved list.
...If you use only top tier fuels you probably don't need to add any additional additives.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
160 Posts
Since Chevron adds Techron to its gasoline, I would imagine Techron fuel additive would definitely be on any approved list.
...If you use only top tier fuels you probably don't need to add any additional additives.
Go ahead and use the Techron additive every 6K miles as recommended in the owner's manual.
Costco has it on sale time to time. 2 big bottles in a case. Good stuff, been using it for years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used the Chevron Techron additive about a month ago and my check engine light has stayed on since. I tried resetting it by unplugging the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes but didn't work. I don't have a code reader. Anyone else have this problem after adding an additive? What's the fix?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,695 Posts
I used the Chevron Techron additive about a month ago and my check engine light has stayed on since. I tried resetting it by unplugging the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes but didn't work. I don't have a code reader. Anyone else have this problem after adding an additive? What's the fix?
Better than speculating, take it to AutZone and have them read the error codes and post them here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts