Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2005 Sorento 10 days ago & noticed a rubbing sound everytime I back out of a parking space...I inspected the pssg front tire today & noticed that the outside tread is chewed up from the rubbing. I took it to the dealer (the clock needed to be replaced also), and they said they "can't find where it is rubbing, but they know it is rubbing somewhere since the tire is chewed up" (I have 250 miles on the car). They said all the parts and bolts are where they are supposed to be and they want me to monitor it to see what happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am very dissapointed & frustrated. :-(

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by skv1@Jan 12 2005, 09:31 PM
I purchased a 2005 Sorento 10 days ago & noticed a rubbing sound everytime I back out of a parking space...I inspected the pssg front tire today & noticed that the outside tread is chewed up from the rubbing. I took it to the dealer (the clock needed to be replaced also), and they said they "can't find where it is rubbing, but they know it is rubbing somewhere since the tire is chewed up" (I have 250 miles on the car). They said all the parts and bolts are where they are supposed to be and they want me to monitor it to see what happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am very dissapointed & frustrated. :-(
The rubbing sound you hear.....does it do it when you turn the tires both ways?
Have someone outside of the vehicle when you back out of a parking space and have them look to see if they can see it rubbing. I have a 04 Sorento and have not had this problem. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! It only does it when I am backing and turning the wheel to the right. (towards the passenger side).

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by skv1@Jan 12 2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your reply! It only does it when I am backing and turning the wheel to the right. (towards the passenger side).
That is definatly not right. You should take it back and take one of the service techs out for a ride and make the tire rub when he is in the vehicle with you. And also tell them that you want a new tire.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jan 12 2005, 09:49 PM
That is definatly not right. You should take it back and take one of the service techs out for a ride and make the tire rub when he is in the vehicle with you. And also tell them that you want a new tire.
If they know that it is rubbing somewhere they should have kept on looking into the problem until they found it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have a 04 sorento and i every now and then i get that sound and feel of something rubbing also. but i dont c any tire damage. it seems to only happen when im either backing out of a parking space like u said or when i turn the wheel left. pretty weird huh.

Jessica

1 - 6 of 6 Posts