Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2016 SLX, Honda Accord EX-L 2013, Toyota Corolla S 2014
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone,

I am new to this forum and a new owner of a 2016 Sedona SXL with technology package. Actually, I'll be taking delivery of the car on 6/28/2016.

I have a question for current owners of SXLs regarding the KIA OEM splash guards. I hope someone can shed some light onto this subject. I have not been able to find any information online.

I ordered splash guards for my car. The service department ordered parts A9F46-AC600 for the rear guards and A9F46-AC500 for the front guards. Today they realized that the front splash guards are not compatible with the SXL with technology package when they tried to install them. However the rear splash guards are fine and have been installed. The service department verified with KIA and was told that currently front splash guards are not available to the SX and SXL trim. When I search KIA parts stores online for the parts, some merchants do show the disclaimer for example, "Notes: 2016: Not applicable to SXL w/ tech pkg". Is there a difference between the 2015 SXL and 2016 SXL? Is there anyone here on the forum that has encountered the same issue or has front OEM splash guards installed, who can provide me some directions or advice?

For now I've been suggested to accept delivery and go back for installation again if and when front splash guards become available to the SXL trim.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona SXL - SWP
6 Posts
I've got an SXL 2016 - non tech and I ordered the front and rear splash guards online. The Tech package I believe comes with the side skirts that run from the rear of the front fender well to the front of the rear fender well. You might ask if the dealer can trim the front guards with a dremel tool to fit around the factory skirt - however the side skirt may leverage the same mounting points as the splash guards (2-3 screws and a trim plug) on the front so even after trimming it may not fit snug to the fender...

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
I would just wait till Kia comes out with the correct front mud flaps. Or like Pomexcan says, buy the ones that don't fit and trim them yourself, if you can't wait for the correct ones.

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2016 SLX, Honda Accord EX-L 2013, Toyota Corolla S 2014
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I spoke with the dealer when I picked up my Sedona last night. They informed me that KIA is working on developing the part to go with the 2016 SXL. I will be notified when it becomes available.

For now I will live with just having the rear splash guards, and wait patiently.

·
Registered
16 Kia Sedona SXL
5 Posts
Has anyone had success finding front splash guards for a 2016 Sedona SXL w/ tech package? I ordered some online & the ones sent wouldn't fit still. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts