Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Kia Rio sedan and would like to increase the height of the front passenger seat. It feels really low when seated.
Please advice if there is a way to do it. I know the driver seat can be adjusted but I cannot find anything for the passenger side.

Thank you

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
A favorite pet peeve for most Rio owners:mad:.Mine is the same & I am just waiting for someone who is mechanically inclined to solve the problem & tell us how to do it.I figure it should be about 2 inches higher.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Rio sedan and would like to increase the height of the front passenger seat. It feels really low when seated.
Please advice if there is a way to do it. I know the driver seat can be adjusted but I cannot find anything for the passenger side.

Thank you
Not without modification. I have given thought to getting the seat mechanism from a right hand drive so it can be adjusted the same as the driver's but truthfully it doesn't bother me that much....yet!

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
I was thinking about removing the passenger seat and having a look. Maybe we can add some washers or something - depends on the length of the studs. Wouldn't want to do anything more than that, as it might compromise the safety of the seat.

Although KCOPe's idea is a good one. When I thought about doing that I realized that we might have to replace the whole seat though, not just add the mechanism. I think I'm gonna have to go and compare the two seats now.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
KOPE316, It doesn't bother me either but ask my wife:) I'm sure the right hand drive height adjuster idea would cost you just a little less than you paid for your car:).The bolts that hold the seat in the floor I am sure were put in with HUGH torque(airtool @ the factory) & I am curious how hard they would be to remove & find a longer replacement.Metal spacers would probably be quite easy to fabricate out of steel or aluminum.Someone sooner or later will no doubt accept this challenge.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
OK but can it be a design flaw from Kia

Hi, many of my passengers had the same complaint about the seat. Even if the driver's seat can be adjusted, from the first day I found it strange that I had to really bump up the seat and looking at the passenger seat that stays so low. What did Kia think in doing so? Can this be a design flaw?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your suggestions guys. So I can assume this is a conman problem which everyone is facing and there is no easy solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is incredible. My mom is like 5ft tall and she could not see outside the car when seated. Just the sky. I definetly have to get the pillows. What a nuisance! I'll have to test drive cars in the passenger seat from now.

·
Registered
Kia Rio S 2012 (3-door hatchback)
41 Posts
I have a 3-door hatchback Rio, and while I can bump the driver seat up, it doesn't go very high. I sat in the passenger seat today and was surprised by how low it was. My partner is 5.5" tall and I can imagine she must see very little when seated...

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts

Thank you
I just always date tall girls - no problem ;)

What torques me off the most is that my slimline electronic sub-woofer won't fit under there. I had to put it under the drivers seat where it just barely fits...

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX m/t
6 Posts
I appreciate the extra head room in the front passenger seat because my son is very tall.

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
I appreciate the extra head room in the front passenger seat because my son is very tall.
Good Point!

I have never had anyone complain about lack of headroom in my Rio5. I should be thinking about the positives instead of being so negative. I remember driving a Pontiac Grand Am that was a much larger car, but my hair would brush against the headliner and it drove me insane!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts