Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Kia Sephia and I need to change the front O2 sensor. I have found the rear O2 sensor with no problem but I have searched all over and cant find the front sensor. Help!!!! Does anybody out there have a specific diagram of the engine or a way to help me find it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but I had already looked at that diagram..only it dont seem to resemble my engine as much as I hoped. I found the rear sensor on the front lower part of the engine connecting to the exhaust manifold at the front of the car with the snap in plug towards the top side of the engine....I mean its right in plain view an super easy to detect an change so cant figure out why I cant spot the other one...Ive tried to look at all the other places on the diagram an they dont resemble the front sensor with the exact type of plug in that I need (I need the one with the straight three prongs within the plug). I think Im majorly just missing something here or keep overlooking it. Thank you for the help though...it was appreciated...Ill keep trying to locate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After further investigation, I found that the auto parts store had sent me home with the wrong sensor...that is why it didnt fit an why I thought I hadnt found the right one. I kept thinking the diagram wasnt correct but it was an my part just wasnt. Thank you once again for all your help. Next time I wil know that I need to double check because even the auto parts places can make mistakes, and because Im not real experienced in this area, I didnt detect the error until very much later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts